Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna' get rich???

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
    What if we do nothing and we fail anyway? Then people will ask why we didnt do anything.
    One thing that really bothers me is politicians always think they need to do something. The problem with doing something is doing the wrong thing often makes things worse than if you do nothing at all, and the downside is often worse than the potential upside.

If the republicans had the solution to this problem, the should have mentioned it while they were in office for the last eight years.
    The republicans messed up big time, and are now paying for it. They totally let spending get out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I had to stop watching Obamas address to congress. I found myself yelling at the TV. Do people just listen to what he is saying and accept it with out thinking? Do they not see all the double talk?

They do realize, deep down in their hearts, he is just a typical politician right?
      I do. See the double talk.

Right now I'm watching my governor Bobby Jindal give the republican viewpoint.

Lets see if he can let us in on the secret to fixing our economy.

You know, the secret they kept to themselves while they controlled the white house for eight years.

Comment

I do lean toward Republican, but I do not consider myself a Republican.
        The failing economy is not a dem/rep thing, it's a Government. Obama said it himself " this problem has been building for decades".

No one President is to blame for the state of our economy, in fact the ones to blame are the ones that were truly in a position to implement change, the Senate and Congress, both Republicans and Democrats alike.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          The republicans messed up big time, and are now paying for it. They totally let spending get out of control.
          How are THEY paying for it? More like WE are paying for it, and I don't recall the Democratic party shouting "the sky is falling".
          Our Government full of Republicans and Democrats failed us.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

How are THEY paying for it? More like WE are paying for it, and I don't recall the Democratic party shouting "the sky is falling".
            Our Government full of Republicans and Democrats failed us.
            You're right, we are absolutely paying for it financially. I meant that politically they have lost pretty much all of their power.

Comment

You're right, we are absolutely paying for it financially. I meant that politically they have lost pretty much all of their power.

They don't care about the power. It's all about the green.

They know that in 8yrs everything (whatever our problems will be then) will be blamed on the dems and they will have their power back.

I swear the whole dem/rep parties thing was set up to get "the people" to pick sides and fight, argue, and debate until we forget what the true problem is....GOVERMENT

Comment

I do lean toward Republican, but I do not consider myself a Republican.
                The failing economy is not a dem/rep thing, it's a Government. Obama said it himself " this problem has been building for decades".

No one President is to blame for the state of our economy, in fact the ones to blame are the ones that were truly in a position to implement change, the Senate and Congress, both Republicans and Democrats alike.
                I did a google image search of "U. S. National Debt" and found a bunch of interesting charts from many different sources.

I attached one of them.

(Conservative) Reagan it rises steadily.

(Conservative) Bush 1 Rises steadily and a little sharper.

(Liberal) Clinton - continues to rise, not as sharply as bush 1, but wait, what's this? It begins to level out and almost flatlines towards the end of his term.

(Conservative) Bush 2 - skyrockets

Looks like the conservatives are fiscally liberal and the liberals are fiscally conservative.

Well draw your own conclusions.

I just hope that Obama can do for us what Clinton did for us, minus the impeachment, and NAFTA.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-24-2009, 11:32 PM. Reason: and NAFTA

Comment

UMMM.. Did you happen to find a chart from the current "transparent" president since he has been in office? Didn't he "promise" to have a "stimulus bill web site".

Probably not, as they didn't make the charts that high and in order to present a bigger chart, a government committee would have to be formed to study if such a big chart would cause strain on our eyes. Cost? 3,000,000. cost after over runs 6,000,000. When will the committee convene and publish the chart? 2021.

The acting President presents a budget.
                  Then the Republican and Democratic Congress add all their special interest (PORK) and approve/pass the budget.

Again, BOTH PARTIES, Dems and Reps, our government.

Comment

One thing that really bothers me is politicians always think they need to do something. The problem with doing something is doing the wrong thing often makes things worse than if you do nothing at all, and the downside is often worse than the potential upside.

Silly congress has been democratic for half of it so there is enough blame for all. Problem is nobody is fixing the problems they just keep on digging.

Hmm my parents told me when I was young that if you dig far enough you get to China.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                      I did a google image search of "U. S. National Debt" and found a bunch of interesting charts from many different sources.

I attached one of them.

(Conservative) Reagan it rises steadily.

(Conservative) Bush 1 Rises steadily and a little sharper.

(Liberal) Clinton - continues to rise, not as sharply as bush 1, but wait, what's this? It begins to level out and almost flatlines towards the end of his term.

(Conservative) Bush 2 - skyrockets

Looks like the conservatives are fiscally liberal and the liberals are fiscally conservative.

Well draw your own conclusions.

I just hope that Obama can do for us what Clinton did for us, minus the impeachment, and NAFTA.
                      Isn't that flattening about the time Republicans took over Congress?
                      Congress has more to do with debt and spending than any president.
                      The Contract with America
                      Last edited by EasyEman; 02-25-2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                        Isn't that flattening about the time Republicans took over Congress?
                        Congress has more to do with debt and spending than any president.
                        Republicans controlled congress 1996 to 2006.

The most obvious thing that changed in 2001 when the debt skyrockets was W.

Obama has only been in office for a couple months.

We'll have to wait & see what his effect will be.

It will be interesting to revisit this chart in 4 years or possibly 8 years.

I just thought this chart was interesting, that's why I shared it.

Is it just coincidence that the debt gets worse under republican presidents?

I dont claim to be an expert on this or know the right answer.

The chart shows the national debt year to year and how it corresponds to the president who was in office at the time.

Comment

I for one liked Obama's speech. I think he is a good leader for our country and I am very pleased with the direction he is taking us...especially after our last total failure of a leader. Obama will help our nation, it may take time, but I believe in his leadership. He was elected by a people hoping for change.
                          His ideas about the economy, healthcare, renewable energy, job creation, fiscal responsibility...it all makes sense to me.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Btw, Republicans SUCK! I will probably never vote for a republican again in my lifetime after all the bullcrap policies they have supported recently.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Btw, Republicans SUCK! I will probably never vote for a republican again in my lifetime after all the bullcrap policies they have supported recently.
                              But no, tell us how you really feel

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                                I for one liked Obama's speech. I think he is a good leader for our country and I am very pleased with the direction he is taking us...especially after our last total failure of a leader. Obama will help our nation, it may take time, but I believe in his leadership. He was elected by a people hoping for change.
                                His ideas about the economy, healthcare, renewable energy, job creation, fiscal responsibility...it all makes sense to me.

Oh my what does fiscal responsibility mean.
                                Certainly not spending more money than you have and reasonably expect to bring in. He uses catch phrases and cliches but the specifics are not matching.

Comment

Working...
                                X