X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna' get rich???

Take the current U.S. population and divide the stimulus package amount & list what you came up with for each citizen.

J.C.

Re: Wanna' get rich???

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Take the current U.S. population and divide the stimulus package amount & list what you came up with for each citizen.

J.C.
    What number should I be plugging in for care of our border jumpers and anchor babies.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      What number should I be plugging in for care of our border jumpers and anchor babies.
      Oh, they get nothing.

J.C.

Comment

so $ 2,666. rounded to $800,000,000,000 divided by 300,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
          so $ 2,666. rounded to $800,000,000,000 divided by 300,000,000
          I had my billions wrong I think. Your number looks right.

Where does the money come from? Who gets it?

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-24-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Oh, they get nothing.

J.C.
            Of course not,I haven't paid my taxes yet.

Comment

1,000,000,000 (one billion, short scale) is the natural number following 999,999,999 and preceding 1,000,000,001.
              In scientific notation, it is written as 109.
              In modern (short scale) English language usage, it is usually called a billion (although in many other languages and long scale usage, a billion means a million millions, or 1,000,000,000,000, instead of a thousand millions).

Even a billion isn't a billion

We are borrowing from our kids and their kids. Where its going who knows. I wonder if Obama, Pelosi, and Reid know they are enslaving our Country for generations.
              Last edited by EasyEman; 02-24-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

1,000,000,000 (one billion, short scale) is the natural number following 999,999,999 and preceding 1,000,000,001.
                In scientific notation, it is written as 109.
                In modern (short scale) English language usage, it is usually called a billion (although in many other languages and long scale usage, a billion means a million millions, or 1,000,000,000,000, instead of a thousand millions).

Even a billion isn't a billion
                Now I'm as confused as a cross-eyed queer at a weenie roast.

J.C.

Comment

I guess it only matters what the Chinese call it.

Comment

I guess we're all going to get $2,600.00+ each right?

J.C.

Comment

I guess it only matters what the Chinese call it.

A 20% countrywide payrase.

Comment

I guess we're all going to get $2,600.00+ each right?

J.C.
                        Consider any money you would get as coming from the taxes you already paid. I had to laugh about the comment someone made suggesting obama, pelosi and reid were going to enslave our children with debt. Exactly who was going to pay for the trillion dollar iraq war, the trillion dollar trade deficit, the first bailout when Bush was President? We all know the stimulus plan will do nothing to correct years of irresponsible spending on the part of government and the public. We all know paying china, india, mexico and the rest of the world to make our consumer goods will continue to weaken our economy. We all know that twenty million illegals did not suddenly appear on our soil, it took many years and many administrations looking the other way. Had obama lost the election it would be mccain scratching his head and grabbing at straws to fix our dysfunctional behavior and economy. Now let's buy some more ipods, plasma tv's and laptops, get tech help and questions answered having to do with our credit cards and everything else in our lives from folks on the phone from india! What a mess.

Comment

If you find yourself in a hole... first stop digging.
                          I thought change meant something other than the same old same old. But it seems it is the same deal with a different set of crooks. So I picked on the anointed one and his cohorts because they are here and now. We cannot change the past and blaming only makes people defensive. So from here lets try to move wisely.

Comment

Get ready for some REAL lean times boys. This "stimulus" package will work as good as any others have in our Country and others. Our economy is about to, and will fail. Any attempts to stop it will only delay the inevitable and make it that much harder for our children/Grandchildren to recover.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

If you find yourself in a hole... first stop digging.
                              I thought change meant something other than the same old same old. But it seems it is the same deal with a different set of crooks. So I picked on the anointed one and his cohorts because they are here and now. We cannot change the past and blaming only makes people defensive. So from here lets try to move wisely.
                              I agree that blaming former President Bush is a waste of time and so is expecting President Obama to change things for the better. Maybe he has some brilliant plan but this "stimulus" bill sure is not the answer. I'd like to know exactly what the wise moves are at this time? What will turn things around? Personally I think we need to turn back the clock and start taking care of the USA. The experts say protectionism is a bad thing for the global economy. I say later for the global economy. Later for the folks who got mortgages they knew they could not pay and all the crooks on wallstreet with their million dollar buyouts after ruining their businesses. Want to give tax breaks to the rich? Fine but they have to invest right here on American soil, employing American workers and support American cities and states. Either let the third world go back to their old way of life or get ready to join them in poverty.

Comment

Working...
                              X