X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to fess up brothers

N.H. Master got Me started on this! I have Too many tools Bought and never used.
    More will come to mind. Drill Dr. never sharpened a bitt in 4 years. Nice pipe,scroll,tube bender, never used. 33' motor home,sits. Guess I got OLD!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Time to fess up brothers

a quote from my buddy steve

"rick, you're good for the economy"

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I've got a bunch of tools I've used once. 24" pipe wrench; compound wire cutters (used it to cut some #2 wire, but don't have plans to do that again in the near future).

Extra Ryobi Drill, because it came with the lithium kit. Used it once to try it out, but was unhappy with it.

I had a crown stapler for a year, and didn't use it until last weekend (got it as part of a kit and never had a need).

I 6 Jet deep reach C-clamps because they were on sale, but have only used like 2 of them.

I bought one of the Senco collated screw guns on clearance a couple weeks ago. Haven't used it yet, but plan to when I finally fix some of the holes I cut in my garage for wiring (hopefully if I have time when the weather gets warmer and I can tape).

Comment

Five full size shop vacs and two smaller ones.
        Five routers: four Porter Cables and one Ryobi. Bought the Ryobi for $35.00 at HD clearance, never been out of the box.
        Steel City mortising machine used it once and switched to primarily using dowels.
        Eight or ten spoke shaves, bought two more today - no reason why.
        Four or five drawknives.
        TS2410 LS bought this fall - used once - sits in my job trailer.
        Two extra Ryobi drills.
        Last edited by Tom W; 02-27-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Due to the fact that the wif looks at this site from time to time, I plead the 5th.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's been my experience that whenever I get rid of something that I haven't used in a while or have yet to use, within a week of getting rid of it a job comes up that I need it for. So, now, unless it broken, I get rid of nothing cause I'll need it next week.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

does it count if i'm only calling on a craigs list listing?

joey busted me this morning calling about a milling machine.

i just signed up for a machine shop class on moday nights that starts in 2 weeks.

can i use the excuse that i need it for school

now with all the cut backs, even pencils are not supplied

just a little 750# machine. i think my sprinter needs a work out

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                My FIL would be jealous, he writes programs for CNC milling machines (and very much enjoys it). I know if he had a house he would have one, but they live in an apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  does it count if i'm only calling on a craigs list listing?

i just signed up for a machine shop class on moday nights that starts in 2 weeks.

can i use the excuse that i need it for school

now with all the cut backs, even pencils are not supplied

just a little 750# machine. i think my sprinter needs a work out

rick.
                  Yeah and ya dont think she'll have anything to say about our little deal!?

Comment

The problem is I am not as dumb as Rick wants me to be.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Would you prefer this?:

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        Would you prefer this?:

I would prefer nothing bigger than a bread box pass through his hands.
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          I would prefer nothing bigger than a bread box pass through his hands.
                          And now we know why Rick loves the K-60, he can buy as many of those as he wants; but the drum machines are bigger than a breadbox.

Comment

I don't drink, do drugs, gamble or cheat on my wife. I always like to run that list before defending my collection of tools, machines and flashlights(don't ask). I've lost count of how many times my wife has said"What are you going to do with that?", "Did you really need that?", "You are never going to use that!". My best come back is "Oh Yeah!". At least I'm not like some of my neighbors who don't have any tools and have to pay for all their repairs. We don't get many hurricanes or tornadoes in CT, but if we do get one I am prepared with chainsaws, generator, propane stove, plenty of flashlights and everything else I'll need. Hey, how about all the tools and machines we still would like to have? I want a big , real big log splitter, giant leaf blower (9hp), ATV with snow plow, big shed(with electricity for the air conditioner), dove tail machine(just in case I want to make some drawers) concrete mixer, more chainsaws, pickup truck, boat, snowmobile, jetski, big chipper shredder. That should do it for now.

Comment

FRANKIARMZ, we might be related! (our wife's might be too)

One thing to take into consideration, the more space we have, the more apt we are to fill it up. I often refer back to a quote I heard, "your possessions will possess you"

Comment

Working...
                              X