X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end to "The Rest of the Story"

Paul Harvey was one of the most gifted and beloved broadcasters in our nation's history. As he delivered the news each day with his own unique style and commentary, his voice became a trusted friend in American households. His career in radio spanned more than seven decades, during which time countless millions of listeners were both informed and entertained by his "News & Comment" and "Rest of the Story" features.

Even after the passing of his loving wife Angel in May 2008, Paul would not slip quietly into retirement as he continued to take the microphone and reach out to his audience. We will miss our dear friend tremendously and are grateful for the many years we were so fortunate to have known him. Our thoughts and prayers are now with his son Paul Jr. and the rest of the Harvey family.

Jim Robinson President, ABC Radio Networks

After his wife died I had a feeling this guy was going to go shortly behind her. Lost his will to live.

I sure missed him these last few months on air. His health had been degrading as of late and he was doing sporatic work.

R.I.P. Paul Harvey,

You gave news a different meaning in your own unique way.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-28-2009, 10:19 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: The end to "The Rest of the Story"

I just heard it on the radio, very sad. I loved to listen to him everyday.

G3

Comment

Radio Pioneer Paul Harvy Dies at 90

Saturday, February 28th, Paul Harvy passed away. Needless to say we will miss him.

More info: http://www.popeater.com/article/broa...dies-at/363146

Comment

Damn, Paul Harvey?
        He's just one of those guys I figured would always be around.

RIP Paul Harvey, and Thank You for making me think.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I have no idea who this guy is, I'll have to youtube him.

Still sorry to hear of his loss.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
            I have no idea who this guy is, I'll have to youtube him.

Still sorry to hear of his loss.

Well known voice on the AM dial on the radio.

Had a small bit in the mornings @ 8:30am in the mornings, then a little after noon during the day. He gave a point of view, snapshot of certain news every day and would throw in his opinion every now and then.

Here's something I did about 4-5 years ago, and that was listening to him, knowing it wouldn't be on long knowing his age.

He was iconic in many ways and it marks a time in history that will never recreate itself, ever. They took him off the air in my neck of the woods and the only replacement I truly liked was Fred Thompson, from Law & Order.

He did a fantastic job IMO and was a great fill-in for late Paul Harvey.

Having the radio on at my customer's home would almost instantly have them turning it on, listening to him in another room bringing back memories to my older customers because he's been on for so many years.

This is truly the **** part of getting old; everything you liked, wanted to stay the same in life that you benchmark memories by, slowly disappear and you just "adjust" to what's new. I still listen to the Cincinnati Reds on the radio, not because I care about the team or who they're playing, it's because it brings me back to when my dad on the weekends would have that radio on, with that fuzz always between the commentator's voice hearing the crowd.

It's really something I don't want to let go of.

Awe *** **** I'm crying! Somebody make me stop!
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-01-2009, 02:37 AM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              Well known voice on the AM dial on the radio.

Had a small bit in the mornings @ 8:30am in the mornings, then a little after noon during the day. He gave a point of view, snapshot of certain news every day and would throw in his opinion every now and then.

Here's something I did about 4-5 years ago, and that was listening to him, knowing it wouldn't be on long knowing his age.

He was iconic in many ways and it marks a time in history that will never recreate itself, ever. They took him off the air in my neck of the woods and the only replacement I truly liked was Fred Thompson, from Law & Order.

He did a fantastic job IMO and was a great fill-in for late Paul Harvey.

Having the radio on at my customer's home would almost instantly have them turning it on, listening to him in another room bringing back memories to my older customers because he's been on for so many years.

This is truly the **** part of getting old; everything you liked, wanted to stay the same in life that you benchmark memories by, slowly disappear and you just "adjust" to what's new. I still listen to the Cincinnati Reds on the radio, not because I care about the team or who they're playing, it's because it brings me back to when my dad on the weekends would have that radio on, with that fuzz always between the commentator's voice hearing the crowd.

It's really something I don't want to let go of.

Awe *** **** I'm crying! Somebody make me stop!
              AM? Whats that?

Just kidding. The only radio I listen to is Howard Stern.

They must not play him here though for me to have never heard of him.

Radio here is controlled by conservatives, which disqualifies me as a listener. I either have to pay for satellite radio or else I have to listen to Rush, Hannity, and local conservatives, which are just not options for me.

So much for liberal media bias, huh? Here we have conservative media bias.

Anyway I'm hijacking, peace Mr. Harvey.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Re: Radio Pioneer Paul Harvy Dies at 90

Every time I heard Paul Harvey it would evoke fond memories of sitting with my grandfather as he made lunch for us. He never missed listening to him if he could help it. I am guessing that was in the mid-50s.

He was a good man and will be missed.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  AM? Whats that?

Just kidding. The only radio I listen to is Howard Stern.

They must not play him here though for me to have never heard of him.

Radio here is controlled by conservatives, which disqualifies me as a listener. I either have to pay for satellite radio or else I have to listen to Rush, Hannity, and local conservatives, which are just not options for me.

So much for liberal media bias, huh? Here we have conservative media bias.

Anyway I'm hijacking, peace Mr. Harvey.

He did just a few minute maybe a half hour newscast He did not have a three or four hour show like Rush or Sean. Then he would focus on one feature story. Definitely the anti- Stern.

Comment

I've been listening to him, my entire life. Sad, Sad, Sad.... RIP......
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

And now we know.....the rest of the story! Goodbye Paul.
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

A big loss. Always enjoyed his stories. Even got his autograph back in the mid 1960s. Still have it.

Comment

Working...
                        X