Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some great deals out there on used SUVs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great deals out there on used SUVs!

Mostly bad news on the economic front, but recessions do come with their upsides. We need to buy a new family vehicle (our old car is too small and is 10 years old with billion miles on it) and so I started browsing used cars online...HOLY CRAP USED SUVs ARE SELLING CHEAP!!!
    I found a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with 39000 miles for only 12,900!!! To give you an idea of what a bargain that is..this vehicle originally sold for over $30,000! Now less than 40,000 miles later, it is selling for under $13,000. Some people put that many miles on a car in only one or two years, and yet it is selling for less than half its original price. I thought it was too good to be true, so I did a carfax history report and its 100% clean. Mint condition, some old lady must have owned it and hardly drove it.

I am going to take a look at it tomorrow, but if the deal is real I will probably be driving it off the lot.

p.s.: searching regular cars didn't turn up so many bargains, but SUVs in particular must not be selling, people still turned off after the gas craze/recession maybe? I don't know but its awesome!
    I also found an Acura MDX going for $16000! This is a fully loaded luxury SUV that brand new costs around $40,000!

If your in the market for an SUV...look at used, its amazing.

...Or buy stocks, I never thought I'd see the DOWJONES this low in my lifetime. I wish I had the cash to invest, but we have other pressing things to spend our budget on.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Some great deals out there on used SUVs!

What to do, what to do.... Most of my money is in shrinking real estate (which fortunately is at least still throwing off income), or already shrunk mutual funds. I'm sitting on a little bit of cash, also sitting on three times bigger than that of mortgage... I'd like to buy that down, also would like to double down on the market and put it there, and would like to really roll the dice and buy some more property now that there are some bargains to be had. But I'm frozen by fear that I'll need that $ to make mortgage payments if business dies off. We've been slow, not bad like but we're looking at the first year I've been in business where we might not grow, and might shrink a little.

Like the rest of the world I'm battenening down the hatches to wait it out, spending only what I need to.

It might be opportunity time, but I just don't have the balls.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

" Review

I bought the car in 06 with 23K miles on it. By 45K miles, I had to replace the transmission. At 60K I had to replace the starter, alternator, brake pads, rotors, and transmission again. 2 weeks later, the drive shaft and casings were all replaced. Now, at 75K I am looking to replace the drive shaft again and possibly a wheel baring. The service manager at a dealership told me that starting in 05 Jeep started "turning and burning them!" Doesn't exactly make you feel good about your purchase!!! Be very careful when buying a Jeep from 05 and on!"

Never go by price even if the car new cost $50,000.00 and you could get it for $5,000.00! Think about what you will have to spend repairing it, or if you wanted to sell it what a dealer or private party would pay. I feel even worse for newer vehicles under warranty that can't get repaired because of dealerships closing. I don't even want to get into fuel economy and the price of gas going up again because I wouldn't mind getting a good deal on a late model SUV or 4x4 Truck since I don't have to drive very much. I'm more concerned with a vehicle that has good reviews (please check online) and if it is a late model carries some kind of extended warranty. Once again I know the deal may sound great but please don't let the great savings stop you from seeing the downside. Get the facts, not just that cars history. Best of luck with that car or any other you decide to buy.
      P.S. I hate to say it but if I was seriously given a choice I would go for the Acura MDX hands down . Spend a few grand more and get a superior vehicle with a lot less headaches.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-05-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up frankie. After reading your post, I did some more research and it seems the 2005 JGC model has a faulty transmission design. I am staying away from Chrysler products after what I read!
        Last edited by Service Guy; 03-05-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          Thanks for the heads up frankie. After reading your post, I did some more research and it seems the 2005 JGC model has a faulty transmission design. I am staying away from Chrysler products after what I read!

Chrysler is going going Gone!

Comment

Don't believe everything you read on CarFax. I hit a deer and a lady in a Cadillac hit me. Total damage for both, 23,000.00. Neither one showed up on CarFax, two years after the accidents.

No sense in looking at SUV's. Your getting a Mini Van, you just don't know it yet.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

This thread kinda reminds me of another one, of just a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23410
              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                This thread kinda reminds me of another one, of just a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23410
                they seem completely different to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  they seem completely different to me.
                  True. You can't drive a repossessed house
                  In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                  X