X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Change This Weekend

Saturday night or Sunday morning we need to set our clocks again. That's right and they go ahead by one hour. Please do yourself a favor and set one watch which has a second hand or digital display via a good time standard. Then use it to set other watches and clocks.

Now hear this please
    This is a good time to change the AA cells in your clocks, get a new cell for your watches and also be sure to change the battery in each and every smoke detector and any battery powered safety devices of other types.

And finally when is the last time you installed new cells/batteries in the car or truck flashlight? Now is a good time to change them too. Maybe the flashlight is a mess and should be replaced.

Re: Time Change This Weekend

UH-OH, I'm screwed! I live in Arizona..We don't have daylight savings time!
    Instead, I do the battery thing in early November celebrating the last of the
    100 degree days!

Seriously..... If your smoke detector is 8-10 years old you may also consider replacing the thing. The sensors tend to deteriorate over time..and technology actually improves them.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
      UH-OH, I'm screwed! I live in Arizona..We don't have daylight savings time!
      neither do we. Atlantic Standard Time year round

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Time Change Overnight

For many of us it's get ready for a clock setting event after the tricksters finish. Overnight during the wee hours the time changes. Remember "Fall Back and Spring Ahead" and you'll be OK. This is the time to change your smoke detector and any other safety equipment batteries while you're at it.

USA Time Standard - http://www.time.gov/

After selecting your time zone and things are fully loaded be sure to refresh your web browser for best accuracy.

If you forget it's (*&^%$ in the morning for you.

Comment

I can't stand time change...I think it's BS completely and should be removed, forever.

So depressing to be in the dark for such long periods of time. I don't know how Vince the Plumber does it up north.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            I can't stand time change...I think it's BS completely and should be removed, forever. .
            Here Here

I totally agree. It's a big PITA and solves nothing.

Comment

what if my watch has a 10 year battery?
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I can't stand time change...I think it's BS completely and should be removed, forever.

So depressing to be in the dark for such long periods of time. I don't know how Vince the Plumber does it up north.
                When I become leader, I'll mandate we all just move it 30 minutes one way and never change it again. The way I say.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                  Seriously..... If your smoke detector is 8-10 years old you may also consider replacing the thing. The sensors tend to deteriorate over time..and technology actually improves them.
                  I'm not sure if it's the same for your U.S. products, but we have something neat here that's engineered into most of our smoke detectors. For mostly all of the non-battery operated types (ie - wired in and plug-in versions), most of them have an "expiry" date. Like Cactusman said, for smoke detectors it's usually 10 years. And for CO and multi-gas (CO, natural gas, & propane) detectors, it's usually 6 years (some are only 5 years, but it depends on the manufacturer).

For us, most of these units have a small, built-in countdown timer to them, so that once your unit has run for 10/6/5 years, you start hearing a small alarm chirp, similar to battery operated smoke detectors when the battery is running dead. Yes, there is the slight variance of +/- a couple of days/weeks, due to power disturbances, non-accurate timing irregularities, manufacturer, etc.

But basically, once your wired-in or plugged-into-an-outlet CO or smoke detector has reached it's end-of-useful-lifespan, it chirps to let you know it's time to get a new one. A nice little feature, actually.

Comment

Well, I can't speak for Vince, but for most of us Canadians, that's why we're better drinkers than Yankees. Nothing beats a nice rum punch, or a good hot toddy. It's how we keep warm and save on our heating and power bills.

Comment

Cheers!

Here I thought maybe you might of changed the time back so I can get back to normal...if there ever was a chance in that.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                      X