X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Millitary experience

I wasn't able to enlist but my boys are making up for me. My middle son was a crash-unit firefighter and spent one tour during the first Iraq conflict. My oldest son is an attack helicopter pilot and has done one tour in Kosovo and two tours in Iraq. He is now a principal attack helicopter trainer/observer at the Iraqi National Training Center which means he travels back to Iraq on a regular basis to evaluate changes. My youngest son married a young lady who wants him to stay stateside so he ended up as a CHP officer or he would have been in the military as well.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Ya Vince I've got the 1000 yard stare. My time in the Marines was tuff. I don't want to talk about it but the pain of the hang overs are still with me and all the ironing my uniform and polishing my boots haunts me. I was lucky absolutely nothing happen while I was enlisted. This is no joke I can't even join the American Legion because the dates I was in was so peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        Ya Vince I've got the 1000 yard stare. My time in the Marines was tuff. I don't want to talk about it but the pain of the hang overs are still with me and all the ironing my uniform and polishing my boots haunts me. I was lucky absolutely nothing happen while I was enlisted. This is no joke I can't even join the American Legion because the dates I was in was so peaceful.
        Okay, so the dates were peaceful. In my opinion you are still deserving of praise and thanks because you were ready to do whatever it took to serve! No one can take that away from you and you should not belittle your time served. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Okay, so the dates were peaceful. In my opinion you are still deserving of praise and thanks because you were ready to do whatever it took to serve! No one can take that away from you and you should not belittle your time served. Thanks!
          Well I appreciate that, Thanks. I am happy it was such a quite time.

Comment

Working...
          X