Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Millitary experience Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Millitary experience

    i can't join because of my kanees.

    but if you throw me a gun, i have a 99% hit ratio. not the best but pretty darn good.

    have you seen combat action?

    Vince

  • #2
    Re: Millitary experience

    No, but I've been married over 26 years! Nelson Mandela was imprisoned thirty years, beaten and tortured but they could not break his spirit. Six months after his release and reuniting with his wife he begged for a divorce. Vince you interested in courage under fire, or the true test of a man?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Millitary experience

      [quote=Frankiarmz;214216]No, but I've been married over 26 years! Nelson Mandela was imprisoned thirty years, beaten and tortured but they could not break his spirit. Six months after his release and reuniting with his wife he begged for a divorce. Vince you interested in courage under fire, or the true test of a man?[/quote]

      what's the difference?

      Vince

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Millitary experience

        We've all heard about people having guts or balls. But do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to keep you informed, the definition for each is listed below...

        GUTS - Is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

        BALLS - Is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar,slapping your wife on the butt and having the balls to say: "You're next."

        I hope this clears up any confusion on the definitions.
        Medically speaking, there is no difference in the outcome, since both ultimately result in death.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Millitary experience

          there's nothing ball'zey about hitting a woman.

          Vince

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Millitary experience

            Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
            there's nothing ball'zey about hitting a woman.Vince
            Vince
            In this case balls means unmitigated nerve ( in the derogatory sense). And, I guess a slap on the butt could be technically construed as battery or possibly affection, misguided as it may be.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Millitary experience

              point well observed.

              thanks.

              Vince

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Millitary experience

                this is not a topic i want to discusst.

                all i wanted to know was "action" experience. nothing more. nothing less.

                Vince

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Millitary experience

                  I think that you'll find that those that have actually seen "action" prefer not to talk about it. Those that want others to think that they have seen action can't keep their mouths shut about all the action they've supposedly seen.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Millitary experience

                    Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                    I think that you'll find that those that have actually seen "action" prefer not to talk about it. Those that want others to think that they have seen action can't keep their mouths shut about all the action they've supposedly seen.
                    I agree only because as a younger man I worked with a few guys who had served in the field in Vietnam and they were in no mood to talk about what they experienced. A couple of them took a long time to talk period! I hope everyone knows I was joking about being married, it has been a very full experience and so far I have been lucky to have such a wonderful woman.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Millitary experience

                      please excuse my ignorance.

                      i didn't realize. i'm sorry.

                      i am a re-tired fire chief/first responder. i only lasted 20 months. 7 years as a pumper operator for the volunteer fire department previous to being the chief.

                      Vince

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Millitary experience

                        Vince, you are a good guy as evidenced by your many posts and let's not forget your fire fighting service! I don't think there is any harm in asking a question because even if it is not answered directly we can exchange ideas anyway. This was another opportunity to think of the great sacrifice those who have served have endured.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Millitary experience

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I hope everyone knows I was joking about being married, it has been a very full experience and so far I have been lucky to have such a wonderful woman.
                          Ditto!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Millitary experience

                            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            I agree only because as a younger man I worked with a few guys who had served in the field in Vietnam and they were in no mood to talk about what they experienced. A couple of them took a long time to talk period! I hope everyone knows I was joking about being married, it has been a very full experience and so far I have been lucky to have such a wonderful woman.
                            Oh, so your wife reads these posts, too.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Millitary experience

                              Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                              Oh, so your wife reads these posts, too.


                              even if she didn't, they still know what we think.

                              power to the wo.......man!!

                              Vince

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X