Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Do You Believe in ?

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    I believe in myself....and something greater than the sum of all of us.
    Believing in yourself, your skills, self worth all of those things are wonderful in my opinion as long as they are tempered with an understanding that you are human, fallible and deserving of a pass once in a while. I have found it was so much easier to believe in myself when I was younger and stronger, now I have some doubts but it's okay. There is a proper time for all these emotions and attitudes, just accept the changes life throws at you down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Maybe, just maybe this guy.

Two things,

He's either in the pockets of grocery stores in regards to buying a supply of 30 days of food,

or he's predicting the asassination of Obama which would indeed cause rioting and fires in all the major cities.

If that happens, this world will be turned upside down. I pray it doesn't happen.

Personally I believe it was done as a scare tactic under religious method to scare, nothing more. Things are bad

for a good deal right now so it's not unheard of someone taking method to the situation.

Disturbing is the key word.
      Those were some very disturbing predictions and I hope you are right that he did this for other reasons. I don't like the idea of scaring folks, but they are already scared. Maybe more folks should be involved with religion and have faith that things will be alright? I hope he has a change of heart and offers words of comfort in the future.

Comment

I believe in karma
        I believe if I pass a homeless person on the street in the winter I'll give him my gloves.
        I believe random acts of kindness can truely make the world a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by slink View Post
          I believe in karma
          I believe if I pass a homeless person on the street in the winter I'll give him my gloves.
          I believe random acts of kindness can truely make the world a better place.

True story;

I came off the interstate and there was a homeless guy by the red light holding a cardboard sign that read something like "Hungry - Please Help"

I dont give away money, but I had an extra sandwich in my cooler.

So I grab it and reach out the window and said you can have this sandwich and coke.

He says "No thanks, I'm not hungry"

I guess he just wanted some beer money?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Those were some very disturbing predictions and I hope you are right that he did this for other reasons. I don't like the idea of scaring folks, but they are already scared. Maybe more folks should be involved with religion and have faith that things will be alright? I hope he has a change of heart and offers words of comfort in the future.

People do really bad stuff in the name of religion, to which I find appalling.

This prediction is on the front page of Drudge Report right now, that's how I found it.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              People do really bad stuff in the name of religion, to which I find appalling.

This prediction is on the front page of Drudge Report right now, that's how I found it.
              I finally checked out the Drudge Report and man is it depressing. Hey , it may contain a lot of truthful and timely information but I can get most of that on Fox News. Dunbar, we don't know eachother much but from what I've gathered you're a successful businessman, you are kind to animals and you're probably a decent guy. I'm guessing you are in good health and I know like myself you live in the greatest country in the World! What I'm getting at is you are both self made and blessed regardless of all the bad people and bad stuff going on around you, so please don't let this negative stuff get you down. I'm retired and I have a lot of spare time on my hands, too much in fact and it gives me the opportunity to think and think and think some more. Every once in a while I come up with a conclusion in all that thinking, such as bad thoughts in and bad thoughts out, it is our nature to be negative and we have to fight ourselves to think about good things and be happy. I'm not trying to preach or sound simplistic either but I see it all day long. Years ago it would snow ten inches and we drove in it and shoveled it away no big deal. Now we have all sorts of weather reports, updates, telling us the cities are crippled and just filling our heads with a bunch of nonsense. I turn on the News once in the morning to catch up and once at night, chances are not too much will happen in between at least I hope so and why keep having all that bad news drummed into my brain ? Remember that line from the movie Shawshank Redemption, "Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best thing"? I can't stop the thieves on wallstreet, change the jobs situation, resolve the problem of illegals or much of anything else troubling in the News, but I can do the best I can to stay healthy and be good to my family and the folks around me. Take care and try not to let this stuff get to you.
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-09-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Now I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school.
                (Jimbo Jones, The Simpsons)
                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I finally checked out the Drudge Report and man is it depressing.
                  All news media is depressing, especially in this time in history right now. If you lived in chicago Illinois and turned on the evening news, didn't hear about someone getting killed, you'd feel robbed of the moment.

No rainbows, butterflies and sunshine; that doesn't pay the bills and sell advertising. That's a fact, no way around it. I get so pissed off when my local news at noon shows me how to cook a G** Damn plate of food that I'll never eat. I want to hear about death, destruction, what my neighbor's wife is doing at the local strip bar, who's ripping off my investment portfolio, who destroyed my neighbor's yard two nights ago and drug their garbage cans AND mailbox two streets over, watching the retired guy on tv spitting on the microphone watching the vein in his forehead ready to bust like a cherry because he's F'n mad! and he wants to tell his little world about it! That, is what has me tuning in knowing what's going on in my world in 30 minutes.

I actually see the positive in many things, I might not always portray that on the internet but I'll thank the media for the tube feeding of all that's bad, and never good for all the years I've been on this planet.

I'm in bad health but until I get breast augmentation, I'll deal with it in the best ways that I can.

What bugged the **** out of me about that link I posted is the right is once again trying self implode themselves for something that if it ever did happen, they are going to point fingers right at the guy who predicted it. Shooting their own foot and it's almost predictable at this point. Sometimes it seems evident that people go for the moment and not the long distance.

The world's problems are not my own, I just like entertaining the idea that I can make a difference, which certainly isn't the case.

I'm just a cold sore on the face of world's issues, it'll go away just like me someday.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Do unto others as they do unto you, but get in first.

Tony

Comment

I believe in magic, in a young girls heart....
                      sigpic

Comment

"I believe that children are our future"

Comment

Working...
                        X