X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole Saw

Can any one tell me where I might find a 6-1/2 inch hole saw. I need one to make holes in outside walls for installing pellet stove pipes.
    Thanks Brian

Re: Hole Saw

Brian, I am planning to do a wood burning stove but I figured on using a jigsaw to make my holes through the exterior wall. The stove pipes I planned to use were single wall from the stove into a insulated through the wall transition to a double walled stainless. I think by tracing the diameter of the pipe on the inner wall and the making a pilot hole through the center to the outside I could do a decent job with a jigsaw. Consider alternatives.

Comment

I have done that but log cabins are a little harder. We install pellet stove on the side to fill in as the finish work is a bit slow in the winter here.
      Brian

Comment

Greenlee makes some this big. I think they're really for making holes for recessed lighting, but they can handle plywood.

Check this out.

http://www.electricsupplyonline.com/...-hole_saws.php

Comment

I won't take credit for these suggestions since I read them on another site having to do with this exact problem. First was to drill a 3/4 " pilot hole big enough to allow for a long sawsall blade to finish the hole. Next was to use a 6 1/4/ 6/1/2" self feed bit which you are looking for and use a small chainsaw to plunge out the rough material inside. Could you use a small chainsaw to plunge cut a square opening and then use a filler to seal and flange to finish?

Comment

Originally posted by trumpets3u View Post
            Can any one tell me where I might find a 6-1/2 inch hole saw. I need one to make holes in outside walls for installing pellet stove pipes.
            Thanks Brian
            Why do you need a 6 1/2" hole saw? Do you have special code there? We only use 3" and 4" vent pipe here for pellet stoves, and we have a lot of them.

Mick

Comment

Working...
            X