X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leatherman multitool

Why did Leatherman discontinue the original Classic? I think that is the best one they made. I recently bought a Kick because it has just the basics I need. It is a little bit small; If it were a classic it would be a better balance to the two cell phones on the other hip:-)
    God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Have been reading alot on multitool design, function, etc. over the last few years. Looked at what Leatherman has to offer as well as Gerber, but then decided to go with a SOG Powerlock. Build quality that will last my lifetime, has plenty of great useful features, etc. Sorry to hijack a Leatherman thread, but SOG rocks. Later!

Comment

i have a sears craftsman multi tool that i

wore everyday in the field for about 5 years

and if i was still doing field work i would

still be wearing it !

JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I have a Leatherman "Juice" that I have with me every day. The blade just comes in under the wire for approved knife length in a federal facility. They really get goofy about that stuff!! The Juice is a small model with limited tools. I like the needle nose on the Leatherman pliers. The Juice has that same plier as the bigger models.

I still have my original Leatherman in the car. In the truck I keep a Swisstool. In the shop I have the newer Leatherman. I think I'll swap the truck tool and keep the Leatherman in the truck. The Swisstool has a nifty pry bar and a chisel. I don't really like the way the Swisstool opens, but I do like the pry bar and chisel! They'd really get more use down in the shop than in the truck.

I've tried the SOG and didn't really like how it opens. That one is now in the gun range bag.

I'll stick with Leatherman on any new purchases. Sure would be nice if I could carry my good Leatherman at work! The Juice doesn't have a locking blade. Makes me kinda nervous opening boxes.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Cactusman: You should have checked with Plumber Rick to replace your old one--I am sure he mus have a boxful!!!

Comment

I have been through 4 Leathermans over the years. This is one tool that I don't leave home without. I am currently using the "Kick" model and find it serves all the needs I would expect from a full size quality multi-tool. I also carry a second Leatherman in my pocket the "Micra". Both units close nicely

I have tried many of the others. For the value I will stay with Leatherman.

Comment

I carry the Wave and the Micra. I have an original that my father in law gave me. I also have a super tool as well. The wave is a nice size though. Oh I also have a crunch (I think that's it), that is a locking pliers device. It's a little convoluted to use though. I keep it in one of my pickups for "just in case".
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                X