X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Trip

So I had a Water Board meeting in Utah this week. I checked the weather and figured I could get in and out before the storm was coming in. I guess I figured wrong as I got stuck in the middle of a white-out and got 6" of snow in an hour.

Mark
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Utah Trip

Not to spoil a good dusting of snow I decided to take the quads out to charge the batteries. Of course my lovely wife cleared the snow from under the door so it could close when we were done.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

While doing a system survey I found a track-hoe used to cut a diversion ditch found a 4" line feeding a small sub-division across the Highway. I was not real pleased with their repair and told them I wanted them to dig back 20' on either side of the break and give me 4' below the frost-line.

Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Whats wrong with the repair. Looks good to me.

Great looking pics. Thanks for posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          While doing a system survey I found a track-hoe used to cut a diversion ditch found a 4" line feeding a small sub-division across the Highway. I was not real pleased with their repair and told them I wanted them to dig back 20' on either side of the break and give me 4' below the frost-line.

Mark
          They must have spent minutes and minutes coming up with this hack job.

Mick

Comment

awsome pics Mark. thanks.

Polaris?

mountains rock!

mind you, any hill above 3' gets my attention.

there are areas around here that are flatter than flat.

Vince

Comment

If there's one thing I have it's plenty of ROCKS!

This rock we call Brenda's Boulder and it shoots straight up out of the ground 200' and has Deer Creek running around the base of it.

These are just a group of rocks on the side of my canyon.

This rock is called "Sleeping Indian" because many say it looks like an Indian's head when he is laying down. There is a small cave halfway up the rock which has a false wall of sticks, mud and leather built many years ago by the local Indians. It was a place for them to hide their corn which grew along my creek.

These are just another group of rocks which are part of "Snake Rock" named because of all of the snakes that use to be in the rocks.

Mark
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

rocks............................................. ....................well, .................................................. .rock.

Vince

Comment

What am I looking at in the picture of the broken water line? Is that flexible PVC? I think I might need new glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                    What am I looking at in the picture of the broken water line? Is that flexible PVC? I think I might need new glasses.
                    Yes I am afraid that is what they did. There are currently only two homes completed in the subdivision and they said it was a temporary repair. However, had I not seen the break who knows what the final repair would have looked like.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X