Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PlumbersCrack Be Careful Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PlumbersCrack Be Careful

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...402176_pf.html


    Better be wearing gloves, or sticking to boilers.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

  • #2
    Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

    I have a pair of latex gloves on ALL the time.

    This epedemic is no surprise to me. There must be something in the drinking water here that makes people hump like rabbits 24/7. I find people bumping fuzzies in allieways, stairwells, parking lots, abandoned cars all the time. They don't care who sees them. Men on men, hookers with men in suits. 11 and 12 year olds. It's not uncommon to see used condoms in the gutter, sidewalk, McDonalds bathroom...everywhere. It's so disgusting. This city is a toilet.

    I'll bet that 3% number isn't even close to the real figure. I see HIV/AIDS medications in nearly half the houses I work in. At least those have been tested and have taken action to help themselves.

    Murder Capital
    Obese Capital
    HIV/AIDS Capital
    Nation's Capital

    Welcome to Washington DC

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

      Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I have a pair of latex gloves on ALL the time.

      This epedemic is no surprise to me. There must be something in the drinking water here that makes people hump like rabbits 24/7. I find people bumping fuzzies in allieways, stairwells, parking lots, abandoned cars all the time. They don't care who sees them. Men on men, hookers with men in suits. 11 and 12 year olds. It's not uncommon to see used condoms in the gutter, sidewalk, McDonalds bathroom...everywhere. It's so disgusting. This city is a toilet.

      I'll bet that 3% number isn't even close to the real figure. I see HIV/AIDS medications in nearly half the houses I work in. At least those have been tested and have taken action to help themselves.

      Murder Capital
      Obese Capital
      HIV/AIDS Capital
      Nation's Capital

      Welcome to Washington DC

      Well, with all the positive role models they see up on the hill it's no wonder.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

        Not to take anything away from D.C., but I think San Francisco qualifies as the per capita HIV/AIDS capital.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

          When I lived in the D.C. area back in the 70's, when I was in the service the radio stations called Washington "Chocolate City". "Souf Eas" and "Norf Eas" were the seedier sides of the city. North West and South West Washington were where all the money lived.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

            Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I have a pair of latex gloves on ALL the time.

            This epedemic is no surprise to me. There must be something in the drinking water here that makes people hump like rabbits 24/7. I find people bumping fuzzies in allieways, stairwells, parking lots, abandoned cars all the time. They don't care who sees them. Men on men, hookers with men in suits. 11 and 12 year olds. It's not uncommon to see used condoms in the gutter, sidewalk, McDonalds bathroom...everywhere. It's so disgusting. This city is a toilet.

            I'll bet that 3% number isn't even close to the real figure. I see HIV/AIDS medications in nearly half the houses I work in. At least those have been tested and have taken action to help themselves.

            Murder Capital
            Obese Capital
            HIV/AIDS Capital
            Nation's Capital

            Welcome to Washington DC
            Don't forget your Mayor's strong stance on drug use!
            I love my plumber

            "My Hero"

            Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

              Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Don't forget your Mayor's strong stance on drug use!
              Oh don't even get me started on Marion Barry!

              Here's a guy that ALREADY spent 6 months in jail. He was caught smoking crack in a Federal sting operation. When he gets out of jail, the crack heads in Ward 8 missed him so much they voted him back in as Councilman.

              Now he's drawing a $115,000 salary which he "forgets" to pay taxes from 1999 through 2004. How many of you have forgot to pay taxes for 5 years?, huh? The Feds botch the case completely so he only gets another 3 years probation for tax evasion.

              Now comes 2007. Guess what? hasn't paid his taxes again. He is willfully shirking his civic duty to pay taxes. He is responsible for spending public funds collected from the tax payers of DC. OMG!! the irony is just killing me! Now prosecuters are considering giving him leniency because he just had a kidney transplant. WTF?

              The entire Ward 8 could slide down the hill and into the polluted waters of the Anacostia River and I wouldn't give a damn.

              Thanks Joey, now I need my blood pressure meds
              Last edited by plumberscrack; 03-16-2009, 05:04 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Thanks Joey, now I need my blood pressure meds
                No problem! I am here to help.

                The next time crack eats your kidney I will move you up on the transplant list
                I love my plumber

                "My Hero"

                Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  No problem! I am here to help.

                  The next time crack eats your kidney I will move you up on the transplant list


                  Hey put me on that list too!

                  I'm having problems with my left one, but they say it's my diet that's causing my kidney stones!


                  Look!





                  Meat is a weakness!
                  Attached Files
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                    I had no idea that Aids/HIV was such a epidemic.
                    You blokes should move.
                    I have never seen any of that sort of thing here.
                    I thought that the disease was losing ground, shows you what a sheltered life I leave.

                    Simon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                      Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                      I had no idea that Aids/HIV was such a epidemic.
                      You blokes should move.
                      I have never seen any of that sort of thing here.
                      I thought that the disease was losing ground, shows you what a sheltered life I leave.

                      Simon
                      The disease isn't losing ground, medicines are just getting better.
                      I love my plumber

                      "My Hero"

                      Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                        Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post




                        Meat is a weakness!
                        Sounds like it's 3% of D.C.'s weakness also.


                        Dang with one liners like that I should be on stage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                          http://www.cdc.gov/Hiv/resources/qa/qa35.htm


                          How well does HIV survive outside the body?


                          Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed - essentially zero. Incorrect interpretations of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have in some instances caused unnecessary alarm.


                          Results from laboratory studies should not be used to assess specific personal risk of infection because

                          (1) the amount of virus studied is not found in human specimens or elsewhere in nature, and

                          (2) no one has been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface. Additionally, HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.


                          ...but I'll be wearing my latex just in case

                          Lenny

                          Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                          I know, it doesn't make sense.


                          http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: PlumbersCrack Be Careful

                            Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Oh don't even get me started on Marion Barry!

                            Here's a guy that ALREADY spent 6 months in jail. He was caught smoking crack in a Federal sting operation. When he gets out of jail, the crack heads in Ward 8 missed him so much they voted him back in as Councilman.

                            Now he's drawing a $115,000 salary which he "forgets" to pay taxes from 1999 through 2004. How many of you have forgot to pay taxes for 5 years?, huh? The Feds botch the case completely so he only gets another 3 years probation for tax evasion.

                            Now comes 2007. Guess what? hasn't paid his taxes again. He is willfully shirking his civic duty to pay taxes. He is responsible for spending public funds collected from the tax payers of DC. OMG!! the irony is just killing me! Now prosecuters are considering giving him leniency because he just had a kidney transplant. WTF?

                            The entire Ward 8 could slide down the hill and into the polluted waters of the Anacostia River and I wouldn't give a damn.

                            Thanks Joey, now I need my blood pressure meds
                            ACK!

                            Make it stop!

                            http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...-Arrested.html

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X