X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can of Worms

Maybe some will get lucky and Rush will get his wish.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

The following is an email going around my circles and I thought I'd share.

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced that he would buy all the monkeys for $10 each. The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around went out into the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply dwindled, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer increased to $25 and the supply became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50 each. However, since he had to go into the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the
      villagers: Look at all the monkeys in the big cage the man had already collected. I will sell them to you at $35 a piece. When the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each. The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.

They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the AIG & BANK BAILOUT PLAN will work!
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

AIG money is at least being tracked. At least we heard about this.

We're all in an uproar over I believe 165 mil out of billions, that 165 mil (as I hear the news) being paid under existing contratual obligations to keep people in place who didn't create the situation, and are working to resolve it.

Where did the 350 BILLION that quietly slipped out out under the first half of the TARP payouts with ZERO oversight end up? I bet a bunch of it is in the pockets of Shrub's buddies. And we'll never hear anything about that because we're too busy getting all in a fit over this.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The bill to tax bonuses of companies that recieve bailout $ is as pure a piece of political legislation as I have ever seen. All those jerks will vote for this because they get to drape themselves in righteous indignation shoulder to shoulder with the beloved peepul with absolutly no downside as it is certain to be struck down as unconstitutional. Good lord but I hate politicians.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
          X