Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Good news for a change! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good news for a change!

    as many of the regulars to this forum already know, i've been experiencing my own economic problems for quite some time now.

    the company i'm still working for just recently re-aquired the plumbing & heating "as & when" contract with our local gov't.

    as of april 1st the new contract is in effect.

    if all goes well, and that bloody gov't guy (BGG) keeps his personal issues with me at bay, the money will start rolling in.

    i'm not a devout christian and have never professed to be but i honestly believe God takes care of me and i am thankful.

    the shop was on a "natural high" yesterday when we found out the "good news".

    Vince

  • #2
    Re: Good news for a change!

    Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    as many of the regulars to this forum already know, i've been experiencing my own economic problems for quite some time now.

    the company i'm still working for just recently re-aquired the plumbing & heating "as & when" contract with our local gov't.

    as of april 1st the new contract is in effect.

    if all goes well, and that bloody gov't guy (BGG) keeps his personal issues with me at bay, the money will start rolling in.

    i'm not a devout christian and have never professed to be but i honestly believe God takes care of me and i am thankful.

    the shop was on a "natural high" yesterday when we found out the "good news".

    Vince
    Good for you Vince! Congratulations! That must be a relief.
    How many plumbing and/or heating companies are in Rankin?

    Mick

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Good news for a change!

      Originally posted by Fireguy97 View Post
      Good for you Vince! Congratulations! That must be a relief.
      How many plumbing and/or heating companies are in Rankin?

      Mick
      thanks fireguy. i've been very patient.

      including myself, two.

      there's not a lot of certified plumbers up here.

      when we became the new territory of Nunavut the gov't didn't think that the trades were a priority.

      that is until their 1/4 million dollar houses started to have pooping/heating/electrical problems.

      we here in Rankin have just recently been given the go ahead for a regional trade school.

      Vince

      i'm hoping that i will be able to land a job as an instructor.

      i was taught by what i believe to be some of the best instructors here in Canada and i feel that i must pass my training on to the next couple of generations of Inuit trades people.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Good news for a change!

        That IS good news, Vince. Nice to hear good news for a change. If you pursue the instructor position, feel free to PM me if you have questions. (I retired from a trade school.) I am sure that NHMaster could give you some advice, too. Good Luck!

        Jim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Good news for a change!

          Vince teaching! god help our youth.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Good news for a change!

            I'm happy to here the good news. Congratulations.

            Whats the population up there?

            Lenny

            Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

            I know, it doesn't make sense.


            http://www.hebertdraincare.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Good news for a change!

              Originally posted by papadan View Post
              Vince teaching! god help our youth.
              that's exactly what i was thinking. hehehehe

              Vince

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Good news for a change!

                Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                I'm happy to here the good news. Congratulations.

                Whats the population up there?
                thanks Herbert.

                just over 3000.

                when i first moved here from WPG about 1200. (circa 1980)

                i've seen this town grow twice it's size, and then some.

                Vince

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Good news for a change!

                  Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                  thanks Herbert.

                  just over 3000.

                  when i first moved here from WPG about 1200. (circa 1980)

                  i've seen this town grow twice it's size, and then some.

                  Vince
                  Wow, 3000 people went to my high school.

                  Not much room for a lot of plumbers there.

                  Lenny

                  Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                  I know, it doesn't make sense.


                  http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Good news for a change!

                    Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    Wow, 3000 people went to my high school.

                    Not much room for a lot of plumbers there.
                    it's kinda funny because when we watch sports events up here your stadiums hold more people than the entire Inuit population of Nunavut of about 38000.

                    Vince

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Good news for a change!

                      Congrats Vince, good to hear some positive news for a change. I hope that there are more folks posting things we can smile about. Best of luck, Frank.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Good news for a change!

                        Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                        it's kinda funny because when we watch sports events up here your stadiums hold more people than the entire Inuit population of Nunavut of about 38000.

                        Vince
                        I went to see Metallica with about 19,000 people in the New Orleans arena a couple months ago.

                        In 1992 Metallica toured with Guns n Roses in the Superdome which was attended by about 50,000 people.

                        700,000+ people attended Mardi Gras last year. Before Katrina, Mardi Gras attendance was over 1,000,000 people.

                        I would think that I could not afford to piss off not even one customer in a town of 3000. Word would spread like wildfire. (or wildsnow)

                        Lenny

                        Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                        I know, it doesn't make sense.


                        http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Good news for a change!

                          Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                          I went to see Metallica with about 19,000 people in the New Orleans arena a couple months ago.

                          In 1992 Metallica toured with Guns n Roses in the Superdome which was attended by about 50,000 people.

                          700,000+ people attended Mardi Gras last year. Before Katrina, Mardi Gras attendance was over 1,000,000 people.

                          I would think that I could not afford to piss off not even one customer in a town of 3000. Word would spread like wildfire. (or wildsnow)
                          my work ethics speaks for it's self.

                          hardly a call back.

                          Vince

                          i'm not the "other" plumber.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X