Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No mail on Saturdays, would you miss it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mail on Saturdays, would you miss it?

The US Post Office is strapped like the rest of the country. They have in the past and are again considering suspending Saturday delivery of mail as a cost savings measure.

If they did could you live without Saturday delivery or would it impact your business? If yes how.
    Yes, I could get by without weekend mail deliveries
    85.71%
    No, my business or personal life would suffer, I need weekend delivery.
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: No mail on Saturdays, would you miss it?

Absolutely I could live without it. However, before they discontinue it I would have to be convinced that the cost savings would be put to prudent use before I would support stopping Saturday mail delivery. Way too often the government cuts back on services only to ask for additional revenue(tax increase or higher fees) in the next budget. It would seem to me that eliminating Saturday delivery should save the Post Office somewhere in the range of 10-12% of its total operating budget which would be a huge sum of money.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

The mailman does not pass until after the bank closes on Saturday, so it would not matter to me.

May take longer to get mail on the weekdays if Saturdays mail is delivered on Monday.

I would be against it.

When we stop wasting money in Iraq we can move some money over to the post office.

Comment

If i remember correctly back in January they were proposing tuesday as the day they would like to cut back on due to it being the lowest volume day.
        But at any rate i am not for them stopping delevery on any day but they will do what is needed to get the buisness back in the black. and in the event they would do that after a year or two nobody would probley really even notice.

Comment

There would be no reason to get out of bed on Sat if the mail didn't show up

Comment

I look forward to seeing my mailman since I'm retired and outside a good deal of the day. I'd miss talk'in a bit and getting the mail, hope things improve so they don't go through with it.

Comment

IF they do it, then there should be absolutely no reason whatsoever to raise the price of stamps for years.

These dumbasses are pricing themselves out of a job, and too stupid to see it.

I've cut down my mailing in all 3 of my companies because every time I turn around, they raise the cost of postage.

I now send invoices by email, let them send the postage, and I do advertising through other avenues, like food purchases
              at pizza joints.

And guess what...

still got to wait 5-10 minutes to do special postage because they try to run the ship with one oar at the counter.

I keep typing I'm really going to get pissed off and go postal.
              Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-25-2009, 07:58 PM.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i didn't know you guys get mail on saturdays.

up here it's always been monday to friday only.

Vince

our two banks are also closed on the weekends.

Comment

Don't forget postage rates go up around May 1st! again!

I remember when I was growing up in Chicago, we had morning and afternoon delivery of mail!
                  The mail-MAN would come into the apartment hall and "carefully" place large letters and packages on the floor and would often ring the bell to tell you "you have mail"

We would give nice gifts to him during Hanukkah!

Today, the mail is never delivered in good shape! Lots of ripped magazines etc.
                  The delivery is not reliable as I can see our postal delivery truck parked and the
                  mail-person napping!

Here in AZ it's a crying shame that the mail delivery trucks do not have air conditioning!
                  Delivering mail in 100 degree days is brutal! I think UPS trucks also lack air conditioning as I see our UPS lady always dripping wet from sweat..and it's not sexy

Quality delivery is nonexistent as you no longer are required to be able to read English to get the job! We get mail from folks with the same address numbers as far as 1 mile away!
                  If the envelope says "5722" then all letters addressed "5722" must go there forget the street name. it's not important!

I say have the post office stop having retreats, baseball team projects etc. Train the people there to read English, cut excessive management, charge "junk mail" twice the postage and then give the public back a reliable, quality, efficient service!

Then that's just my 2 cents worth on a 50 cent post card

Cactus Man

Comment

Our federal tax dollars at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TC5KDMHlJY

Comment

I could live w/o it, but I would miss the day of Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                        our federal tax dollars at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tc5kdmhljy
                        omg ocd

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                          i didn't know you guys get mail on saturdays.

up here it's always been monday to friday only.

Vince

our two banks are also closed on the weekends.
                          You have two banks.....we only have one, you must be in the big city.
                          The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            Our federal tax dollars at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TC5KDMHlJY
                            Looked like an old guy, probably lost his mind? Only thing more useless was the idiot taping the sad event. Imagine a plumber with that problem sweating the same joint over and over again? I'd be more upset with the mailmen who just take the letters and throw them in the trash. This guy was a workaholic, just got to find a better position for him.

Comment

It's more like the "disgrace" of seeing the government pay for someone who obviously has a disability, and should be removed or retired, as I'm paying for that foolishness as a taxpayer.

The "idiot" you said that took that video is most likely a concerned taxpayer like the majority of us that would allow that ignorance to continue, and for the world to look the other way and say it doesn't happen is a worse crime than theft. It's the acknowledgement that "hey I feel sorry for you let's just keep you where you're at" mentality.

And they wonder why this is a reality now. They are problem within themselves, and it's evident with this video as the tip of the iceberg.

Want to find waste? Go check out a government job.

Comment

Working...
                              X