Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy Arrives

http://www.plasmacam.com/indexfla.php

The new toy arrived at the Tech. Center last thursday. This thing is amazing.
    sigpic

Re: New Toy Arrives

Nice. Should be no problem to whip up anything now.
    I would like to see a CAM machine that could easily switch between a router, plasma torch. Not that I could afford one or have a use for one myself, but it seems for a small shop it would eliminate duplication of much of the machines common parts (transport mechanism, controller, etc) and reduce the shop space required.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The Plasma Cam comes with a router attachment. Takes about 5 minutes to change over from torch to router.
      You can take a digital photo of something. load it into the software. Edit and size it in minutes and have the part cut out in less than 15 minutes. The vid that came with the machine shows a guy taking a picture of a couple of back hoe bucket brackets and has them all cut out and ready to weld in less than 10.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a Hypertherm power max 600 plasma cutter. Made in Your back yard, N.H.
        I do metal art with it. My daughter can't wait to visit this month. She makes beautiful flowers. Can You guess how much the cad costs? Thank's Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I got flash burn from watching the videos.

I won't sue unless one is delivered to the shop...

with proper eye protection, of course.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I have a Hypertherm power max 600 plasma cutter. Made in Your back yard, N.H.
            I do metal art with it. My daughter can't wait to visit this month. She makes beautiful flowers. Can You guess how much the cad costs? Thank's Tool

A shade under ten grand, without the cutter which added another 36 hundred.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X