X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hit My Head On The Dashboard

I picked-up a Ridgid WD1956 this AM at Home Depot. When I got home I tried to register it into my Dashboard(stupid name) but was unable to access into my Dashboard(stupid name). I kept getting a message that the link wasn't working. I tried using both Firefox and IE so I think the trouble is at Ridgid's end.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: I Hit My Head On The Dashboard

Hey BD, did you use the right bait??

Comment

Talk nicely to your computer. Some flowers near the CPU is also beneficial. Some nice music playing in the background is a good thing. Gently touch the keys, never strike them! Oh, and be sure you hold your mouth correctly - I like sticking the end of my tongue out the left side, seems to help. If all of this fails, make a sacraficial offering to the computer gods. (i agree, 'dashboard' doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.)
      Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
      I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
      My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Dave, Please let us know how you like it after you've put it to work. One thing The Howling Hound highly recommends getting for it is this.
        http://www.cleanstream.com/products/...id_wetdry.html

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Dave, Please let us know how you like it after you've put it to work. One thing The Howling Hound highly recommends getting for it is this.
          http://www.cleanstream.com/products/...id_wetdry.html
          I hear ya on the HEPA filter Woussko. I definitely plan on adding one of those.

I gave the vac a small test drive yesterday and was very shocked at how quiet it was. I was expecting it to be much louder than it is. It's actually much quieter than the smaller 5 gallon one it's replacing.

If you're thinking of getting one of these units you might want to make your mind up quickly. As you know I never believe what a HD clerk tells me but the one I dealt with said they are no longer going to stock this vac. It normally sells for $179 but they had it marked down to $99. The one I got was the display unit so they knocked off an additional $20 from the $99 price. Pretty sweet deal huh?

Comment

Dave, You lucky dog you. That is a grrrrreeaat price for it.

I currently have too many vacuum cleaners now, but it's sure got to be nice not having a loud screamer. I get tired quickly hearing them.

For other forum members looking for a good shop vac, here is your chance.
            http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD1956-S...c/EN/index.htm
            Last edited by Woussko; 03-30-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I just followed the link to the cleanstream website. The cleaning instructions for their filter suggest tapping or washing. Generally, after a few tap type cleanings I blow mine out with air from the inside out. I always do this outside. Since nothing was mentioned about air is it OK to clean them like this or am I shortening the effective life of the filter?

Tom

Comment

Tow W, that's kinda how I clean the HEPA filter on my other shop vac. I've been doing it for years with no ill effects to the filter. More times than not, I just let the filter air dry overnight. When I can't wait that long for the filter to dry I blow it dry with compressed air using a very low PSI setting on the compressor.

Comment

As long as you keep the pressure low you'll be OK but do be careful (with water washing too) not to rip or blast tiny holes in the filter media. You can also try a soft brush to remove course dirt.

As crazy as it may seem, I've reverse sucked a cartridge type filter clean using a vacuum cleaner with a multi layer paper bag inside it.

RIDGID vacs could really use a well designed and easy to purchase dirt collection bag system similar to what ShopVac Corp has. The expensive Milwaukee shop vacs (top models) have a very nice huge paper bag system. The problem is the $$$ for them (machine and accessories) pretty much prices them too high for the regular DIY customer.

Comment

Originally posted by woussko View Post
                    Ridgid vacs could really use a well designed and easy to purchase dirt collection bag system similar to what shopvac corp has.
                    +1

Comment

Working...
                    X