X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We All Need To Sacrifice!

Recently the President told the Auto Industry that all parties need to sacrifice more in order to save the industry. As the United States is also in dire financial straits I was wondering why those in Washington who tax us, vote us into poverty and vote for their own raises don't sacrifice more as well? Perhaps we can get them to all take pay cuts, pay their own Health Care and reduce or eliminate their retirement. Imagine just the cost of the Legacy Legislators retirement alone. Perhaps if they were spending their own money when they voted they would be a little more responsible with how it is spent.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: We All Need To Sacrifice!

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Recently the President told the Auto Industry that all parties need to sacrifice more in order to save the industry. As the United States is also in dire financial straits I was wondering why those in Washington who tax us, vote us into poverty and vote for their own raises don't sacrifice more as well? Perhaps we can get them to all take pay cuts, pay their own Health Care and reduce or eliminate their retirement. Imagine just the cost of the Legacy Legislators retirement alone. Perhaps if they were spending their own money when they voted they would be a little more responsible with how it is spent.

Mark
    ROTFLMAO Mark you are a funny man!
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

This will only happen when donkeys fly!
      or when we stop re-electing these folks! It's your fault for having these leaches remain in office for 20+years!

Cactus Man

Comment

I'm eatin' MREs right now!

Oh wait,

salmonella in the peanut butter

I'm out.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Mark, they are out of touch with the plight of the average person and that's a big part of the problem. They get big salaries, car allotments, medical, and all sorts of other perks that remove them from our reality. I think they are sacrificing in a way, normally they'd be hanging with lobbyists or going through the motions of playing politician but now they actually have to appear to make an effort and it must be difficult for them. We should be thankful they haven't thrown in the towel and said it's just too much to deal with, we give up!

Comment

Also, one thing to keep in mind as well is the fact that one really should look into the team that's planning to "fix" our economy, you will all notice a trend: All of them are on Wall Street, every single one of them. Not one person is an industrialist, nor union representative, nor even a working class shmuck like myself. Hell, they even kept out successful business leaders from global companies such as Wal-Mart. Bleh. A bunch of bankers dictating what's best for us, makes me sick.

Comment

We have to vote out every incumbent representative and senator in 2010.
              No exceptions. Congress actually had lower ratings than the last President but we have done nothing about getting them out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                No exceptions. Congress actually had lower ratings than the last President but we have done nothing about getting them out of there.
                Unless folks get sidetracked by whatever the stimulus money can do for their state, I think that's exactly what will happen . I also think there are more and more of us who notice that regardless of which party is in power, our country seems to be in more of a mess. Unless there is some miraculous turnaround in the economy, and at least some of the other serious issues facing our nation heads will role. I can understand the selfish greed on the part of politicans from both parties who have truned their backs on us, but they have to live here, it's their country too!

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                  We tried to do that and we have been watching a ridiculous court fight ever since and now it looks like it will go to an appeals court.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    We tried to do that and we have been watching a ridiculous court fight ever since and now it looks like it will go to an appeals court.

Keep trying!
                    Although Minnesota did have Jessie "the body" Ventura for governor.
                    Maybe you guys should'nt vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Mark, they are out of touch with the plight of the average person and that's a big part of the problem. They get big salaries, car allotments, medical, and all sorts of other perks that remove them from our reality. I think they are sacrificing in a way, normally they'd be hanging with lobbyists or going through the motions of playing politician but now they actually have to appear to make an effort and it must be difficult for them. We should be thankful they haven't thrown in the towel and said it's just too much to deal with, we give up!
                      Our current politicians are so out of touch with normal people it is incredible. California is if not the strictest they are certainly close to the strictest requirements for the reduction of carbon emissions. Since I first started driving back in 1968 I have had to take my cars in for smog-checks. Most of the vehicles I have purchased cost extra because of the required "California Emissions". However, Senator Dianne Feinstein will fly her husband's Gulfstream jet to Washington and back which in a single trip creates almost twice as much carbon as a normal car creates in a year. In addition, Nancy Pelosi decided the 12-passenger jet afforded to her as the House Speaker was inadequate as she wanted to make the flight back to California "non-stop". So now she has a jet which seats 42-people in business class, has a separate bedroom suite, an entertainment area and requires a 12-man crew instead of the 5-man crew the smaller plan requires. I believe the emissions are still about the same (Really High) but you have to wonder what it would cost one of us for a private flight on a jet of that type?

Mark

Comment

A good Rep or Senator is worth every penny they are paid and more. If anyone knows of any out there, let me know! Any moron can point out a problem and point fingers - the question that goes unanswered is how to fix the problem. Our system is pitiful - way too much "I" and not enough "We".

Comment

My Congressman is Representative Buck McKeon (R). He has always done a great job for us and is very popular as he votes in line with his constituents. He started out as the President of the local School Board and then became our first Mayor when we became a City. I have had personal interactions with him for better than 30-years. A few years back the Democrats decided to redraw the District lines in California. Where I used to be able to drive anywhere in Buck's District within 1/2 an hour from my home it now take me 7-hours to reach the furthest North end of Buck's District. The sole purpose of the redistricting was to split Districts up to weaken popular Republicans. This is politics at it's worst. This last election Buck won but it was by a 17% margin instead of the normal 30% margin. The loss in votes had little to do with his performance and a lot to do with a power grab in California.

Mark

Comment

"In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant." -- Charles de Gaulle

I liked this quote. More at;

http://freedomkeys.com/politicians.htm

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Our great Mayor just reopened one of the public waterfront parks in Louisville. It is about 4 years old so he had a complete makeover done with top of the line playground equipment. This was the lead story on the local news, followed by a story on the tent cities popping up around Louisville because of all the home forclosures. You Rock, Mayor Jerry, time for you to spend a couple million renovating that 2 year old skate park AGAIN!
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                              X