Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Westerner Should Watch This

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php...3eabea1ceb73e4

Anyone (like Barack Obama) entertaining ideas of western democracies establishing friendly relations with the radicals of the Islamic world should watch this video.While watching the inflammatory rhetoric of the speaker, remember that this is not a Jihadists from Iran but a professor from Kuwait - a country with every reason to be grateful to the USA for liberating it from the tyranny of Saddam Husseins invasion.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Every Westerner Should Watch This

Saddam kept that country in line and was not a threat to us as we found no WMD's. He also kept Iran in check. The Iraq war should have never happened.

What better recruiting tool for terrorists organizations than the unprovoked U.S. invasion of Iraq? Like stirring up a hornets nest.

We should have concentrated on Al Queda in Afghanistan since that's where the people who attacked us on 9/11 trained.

What this guy is saying is alarming, but he does not represent the entire population of the middle east. Just like the Christians in the video below do not represent all Christianity.

Obama is not seeking friendly relations with this guy or his organization. It can only benefit us to have good relationships with as many countries as possible.

It seems to me that many Americans have a hard time separating nut cases like this guy and the average guy on the street, most of whom would prefer peace. Many see this one brown guy with a towel on his head spouting hatred and assume they all must feel that way, which is dangerous thinking.

Do we blame all Christians for what these nut cases say? One minute in a Christian states "Fags are worthy of death" There are crazies in every group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQuW2v6U2o

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I had to turn off both videos, sickening! How far does intolerence and hatred go? Christians protesting homosexuality are following their teachings on the subject but set aside many of their other teachings from The Bible. That scumbag in the first video is encouraging the mass murder of thousands of Americans because we do not follow his beliefs. I think President Obama is trying to reduce violence against us, and while his intentions are good I don't think politeness and an olive branch will change the hearts and minds of these folks. There is no "Live and Let Live" with them, so our choices are limited in my opinion. I'm glad sadaam and his sons are no longer torturing, raping and murdering people, at the same time I was against our occupation of iraq. I'd like to see our country stay free from attacks and our borders finally secured. I would like to see God send a message to the folks here who hate based on ignorance and fear. What a mess, what a waste of humanity!

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
        Saddam kept that country in line and was not a threat to us as we found no WMD's. He also kept Iran in check. The Iraq war should have never happened.

What better recruiting tool for terrorists organizations than the unprovoked U.S. invasion of Iraq? Like stirring up a hornets nest.

We should have concentrated on Al Queda in Afghanistan since that's where the people who attacked us on 9/11 trained.

What this guy is saying is alarming, but he does not represent the entire population of the middle east. Just like the Christians in the video below do not represent all Christianity.

Obama is not seeking friendly relations with this guy or his organization. It can only benefit us to have good relationships with as many countries as possible.

It seems to me that many Americans have a hard time separating nut cases like this guy and the average guy on the street, most of whom would prefer peace. Many see this one brown guy with a towel on his head spouting hatred and assume they all must feel that way, which is dangerous thinking.

Do we blame all Christians for what these nut cases say? One minute in a Christian states "Fags are worthy of death" There are crazies in every group.
        Yes other than the bounty Saddam was paying for murdered Israelis, the missiles he shot at our jets on a daily basis which were flying over the controlled area, the rape and torture rooms, the attack on Kuwait, and the genocide of 100,000 Kurds he was a heck of a guy.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Both videos are horrible and neither is a reflection of the majority of the groups they appear to represent.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I think President Obama is trying to reduce violence against us, and while his intentions are good I don't think politeness and an olive branch will change the hearts and minds of these folks.
            I get the impression that he's talking to all of the people in Arab countries, not specifically to "radicals" as was mentioned.

“Let me say this as clearly as I can: the United States is not – and will never be — at war with Islam,” Obama said in remarks delivered in Ankara. “In fact, our partnership with the Muslim world is critical not just in rolling back the violent ideologies that people of all faiths reject but also to strengthen opportunities for all people.”

No doubt it will do no good with the extremists like the douche in the video.

This was broadcast throughout the Arab world.

I would think this will help with the regular ole' "soccer moms" and "Abu the plumbers" of the region. The regular Muslim folks going about their lives in peace, who we don't always see on the news.

It may help take away the power of the recruitment propaganda these hate groups are creating.

Whether it helps or not, I think Obama needed to say it.

Lenny

Comment

It is the extremists in every group which need to be feared regardless of ideology. Extremism generally breeds hate.

Mark

Comment

I'm not saying he didnt deserve to be chased into a hole, and then hung. In fact, he deserved worse.

I'm just saying we didnt need to be the ones that did it.

If being a ruthless dictator is the only criteria then what about these folks?

http://www.parade.com/dictators/2009/

http://listverse.com/politics/top-10...ing-dictators/

As far as a real threat, what about this guy?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090405/...missile_glance

• TAEPODONG-2: Three-stage rocket with potential range of more than 4,100 miles (6,700 kilometers), putting Alaska within striking distance.

Keep an eye on Russia, Sarah!

When is our next unprovoked war? Are we the world police in charge of removing all a-holes from office? Talk about a financial crisis.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  I'm not saying he didnt deserve to be chased into a hole, and then hung. In fact, he deserved worse.

I'm just saying we didnt need to be the ones that did it.

If being a ruthless dictator is the only criteria then what about these folks?

http://www.parade.com/dictators/2009/

http://listverse.com/politics/top-10...ing-dictators/

As far as a real threat, what about this guy?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090405/...missile_glance

• TAEPODONG-2: Three-stage rocket with potential range of more than 4,100 miles (6,700 kilometers), putting Alaska within striking distance.

Keep an eye on Russia, Sarah!

When is our next unprovoked war? Are we the world police in charge of removing all a-holes from office? Talk about a financial crisis.
                  Lenny, there's no shortage of evil in the world and your list scratches the surface. The simple answer is no other world power will step up, so yes it appears that the USA does police the world. Why us? Because we have the might, we stand for freedom and principles that do not condone much of this behavior. We obviously have not addressed many of the current horrors and threats because we are spread thin. I think of it as standing up to the bully or some criminal, if we wait for the other person to step in it may not happen. The price we pay for getting involved is loss of American lives, injuries, the cost in money and finally how we are viewed by the rest of the world. A lot of police officers have been killed recently in service to the law abiding public, I imagine folks close to them might ask why? The career they chose and the inherent risks. Do we have alternatives? Do we use more destructive weapons and put the fear of God and the power of the USA into the hearts and minds of these world bullies? Do we burry our heads and let them kill eachother?No simple answers in my opinion and at the same time we are growing weaker and more at risk from our economic situation. The world is in trouble and so is the USA.

Comment

Mark,

I can agree with that, and I am also o.k. with it.

I'm also tired of talking about it.

Slow day today, no calls coming in.

So I'm sitting here playing on the forum on a Monday wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Charging too much? Customers not happy? Recession hitting us down here? Who knows. Last week was good, even worked yesterday, but this week is not starting out good, especially for a Monday.

Lenny

Comment

Lenny,

I can pretty much guarantee you and I will never agree on this topic but I am okay with that. I have a son who was deployed during the first Gulf War and another one who has been to Iraq several times during the current war. My oldest son is now a Principal Attack Helicopter Observer/Trainer stationed at the Iraqi National Training Center. As such I have spent more then the normal amount of time watching the events in Iraq across the last 19-years. In addition, I have a friend who is an Assyrian Iraqi who was born and raised in Iraq and served in the Iraqi Army during the Iraq-Iran War. We have had many long conversations about life in Iraq under Saddam. I am convinced without a doubt what we did needed to be done.

Mark

Comment

Phone just rang. Video for tomorrow morning. Thank you Ridgid

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                        X