Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Control (not your aim)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Charles, I agree with what you just said but that is not what Rush is spewing. He is hoping the President's economic policy fails which in my mind means we as a nation fail. I think of it like watching someone build a house and you believe they are doing the foundation wrong, but rather than argue what needs to be done you just hope it falls and people get hurt. MY thoughts on our borders, resolving illegals, having my medical benefits taxed and many other issues have not changed since Obama was elected. I don't agree with some of what he has done and some of what he is proposing, and along with you I hope some of these things fail to pass. I do not want our economy to continue to fail and that's what Rush siad in his comments towards our President. Hannity referring to President Obama as "The chosen one" is also rather insulting and counter productive. Now is a time in our history when we need to pull together and work to make America strong again. I hope President Obama changes his mind or fails to make some of the changes he is proposing, but ultimately I hope he succeds in turning our economy around.

    That is not what Rush is saying. He doesn't want President Obama to destroy our country. He does not want The United States to change into a European style socialist country. That is the way Obama Pelosi and Reid want to take us.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

      I hope all of you pro 2nd amendment guys are NRA members. I am a life member.
      When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

        Originally posted by DSurette View Post
        I hope all of you pro 2nd amendment guys are NRA members. I am a life member.

        I don't own a gun! Never needed one. I don't hunt, I don't commit crimes.

        Now I think I'll get something for home defense.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

          Lets keep to the subject but keep it light.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

            The gun control movement doesn't mean taking away constitutional rights. It is about safeguarding our citizens from deadly weapons. I bought my first gun two years ago, and I was amazed at how easy it was! I just signed some papers, the guy at the counter called in the background check, and I grabbed the huge 12 gauge pump shotgun and walked out the door in about 10 minutes. It seemed too easy to me, and I don't understand what you are all worried about? I see nothing wrong with passing laws that help keep guns out of the wrong hands. It is very easy to buy a gun.
            Any laws that exist or will exist to help keep deadly weapons out of criminal hands is a good law as long as it doesn't take away our right to bear arms. I like the idea of waiting periods, background checks, etc, etc.
            I am FAR more concerned about too many guns being on the street, than I am about some NRA member who owns 500 guns and is paranoid that the government will "take them away." It is just crazy that the right-wing fanatics think that passing common sense gun control laws means violating the 2nd amendment...not at all!
            I doubt that the 2nd amendmendment will EVER be abolished, and good citizens of the US will continue to enjoy the use of their firearms for hunting, target-shooting and self-defense as they always have.

            Signed: A gun-owner who is pro gun control.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

              Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              The gun control movement doesn't mean taking away constitutional rights. It is about safeguarding our citizens from deadly weapons. I bought my first gun two years ago, and I was amazed at how easy it was! I just signed some papers, the guy at the counter called in the background check, and I grabbed the huge 12 gauge pump shotgun and walked out the door in about 10 minutes. It seemed too easy to me, and I don't understand what you are all worried about? I see nothing wrong with passing laws that help keep guns out of the wrong hands. It is very easy to buy a gun.
              Any laws that exist or will exist to help keep deadly weapons out of criminal hands is a good law as long as it doesn't take away our right to bear arms. I like the idea of waiting periods, background checks, etc, etc.
              I am FAR more concerned about too many guns being on the street, than I am about some NRA member who owns 500 guns and is paranoid that the government will "take them away." It is just crazy that the right-wing fanatics think that passing common sense gun control laws means violating the 2nd amendment...not at all!
              I doubt that the 2nd amendmendment will EVER be abolished, and good citizens of the US will continue to enjoy the use of their firearms for hunting, target-shooting and self-defense as they always have.

              Signed: A gun-owner who is pro gun control.
              The problem is not the reasonable control of dangerous weapons. It is when the Attorney General and Secretary of State are both saying the President is going to take more gun rights away while the President is saying he is not. Now couple that with what seems to be an obvious campaign to fool the public into thinking 90% of the guns used in Mexican crimes comes from the United States and it seems pretty anti-gun to me.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                Mark, I recall reading some extreme gun-control stuff from Hillary Clinton, and I agree with you that she should be held in check. I have a feeling she secretly doesn't even believe in the second amendment! But overall "tightening gun control" doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. I would like to see the details of what you are talking about.
                In what way will gun laws change? And how will it hurt us good citizens in any way compared to the lives it may potentially save? Those are the questions I have.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                  As usual in political ideas, the extremes on both sides need to be held in check. It would horrible if either extreme got its way. If the extremist anti-gun people got their way, the second amendment would be abolished and people would lose their rights and liberties...very BAD!
                  But on the other hand, if the extreme gun crazy people got their way, there would be no gun laws at all and guns would be all over and everyone would have one and murder would skyrocket as it would be like living in the wild west! That sounds bad too!

                  I think where we stand now (in the middle) is a happy medium.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                    Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Mark, I recall reading some extreme gun-control stuff from Hillary Clinton, and I agree with you that she should be held in check. I have a feeling she secretly doesn't even believe in the second amendment! But overall "tightening gun control" doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. I would like to see the details of what you are talking about.
                    In what way will gun laws change? And how will it hurt us good citizens in any way compared to the lives it may potentially save? Those are the questions I have.
                    The problem is Holder and Clinton are both super anti-gun and are in very credible positions where laws could be made or interpreted which could adversely affect our gun rights. At the same time Obama was very anti-gun until about four years ago so it is unclear what his position is now other than he says he will not change gun laws. With all of the above to consider tell me why both Holder and Clinton are saying 90% of the guns found at Mexican crime scenes were trace to the United States instead of the real number which is closer to 15%.

                    I am not saying there is current legislation to change things, I am saying I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. There is an obvious ongoing campaign to misrepresent the guns found in Mexico and I would like to know why.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                      Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      The gun control movement doesn't mean taking away constitutional rights. It is about safeguarding our citizens from deadly weapons. I bought my first gun two years ago, and I was amazed at how easy it was! I just signed some papers, the guy at the counter called in the background check, and I grabbed the huge 12 gauge pump shotgun and walked out the door in about 10 minutes. It seemed too easy to me, and I don't understand what you are all worried about? I see nothing wrong with passing laws that help keep guns out of the wrong hands. It is very easy to buy a gun.
                      Any laws that exist or will exist to help keep deadly weapons out of criminal hands is a good law as long as it doesn't take away our right to bear arms. I like the idea of waiting periods, background checks, etc, etc.
                      I am FAR more concerned about too many guns being on the street, than I am about some NRA member who owns 500 guns and is paranoid that the government will "take them away." It is just crazy that the right-wing fanatics think that passing common sense gun control laws means violating the 2nd amendment...not at all!
                      I doubt that the 2nd amendmendment will EVER be abolished, and good citizens of the US will continue to enjoy the use of their firearms for hunting, target-shooting and self-defense as they always have.

                      Signed: A gun-owner who is pro gun control.

                      Service guy, I think you miss the point, buying a gun was easy for you because, I assume, you have no criminal back ground, no felony or any thing else in your back ground that would make it difficult for you to buy a gun. No one with a criminal back ground is going to go to a store to buy a gun. Why? Its simple, they can't. The "right wing fanatics" have no problem with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, but other than past history and back ground checks how do you determine who is or is not a criminal, if they have never been convicted of a crime you have no idea who is a criminal or is not.
                      You could go by the basis of looks to determine if they are a criminal, but that would be profiling, and in the words of Ron White "Profiling is Wrong".

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                        Pioneer, I was mainly just playing devil's advocate. I noticed that this thread was all one-sided, and I thought I'd chime in to voice the other side of the debate. But I admit, it is hard to argue the other side. Gun rights make sense and I think the current laws we have are basically adequate.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                          No explanation needed, I respect all sides of an argument.

                          Funny how this site turns into much more than plumbing, woodworking and tools.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                            Just this afternoon on the drive home I heard that ammo is in short supply because people are buying like crazy anticipating some form of control or restriction on ammo and/or gun purchases.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                              There has been a shortage of ammo for some time as the Government relies on manufacturers for ammo and they are using a bunch in Iraq. Then couple the recent surge in buying for both guns and ammo due to uncertainty of new regs and it is getting harder and more expensive for both. I buy most of my handgun ammo in blocks of 600 online because of price breaks I can get. My son-in-law (SteamOperator) came by Sunday to borrow a hand gun to use in a competition and told me he is trading his .45 ammo for twice what it is worth in 9mm because no one can find .45 ammo right now.

                              Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Gun Control (not your aim)

                                Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                                As usual in political ideas, the extremes on both sides need to be held in check. It would horrible if either extreme got its way. If the extremist anti-gun people got their way, the second amendment would be abolished and people would lose their rights and liberties...very BAD!
                                But on the other hand, if the extreme gun crazy people got their way, there would be no gun laws at all and guns would be all over and everyone would have one and murder would skyrocket as it would be like living in the wild west! That sounds bad too!

                                I think where we stand now (in the middle) is a happy medium.

                                I don't think that everyone having guns will lead to more murder.
                                I think it will lead to people defending themselves from the people who walk into classrooms and work sites and open fire.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X