X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Government?

I am thankful to the men and women who protect our rights in the armed forces...and the policeman, fireman and EMS personnel who protect us here at home.
    Also, I think we have a pretty damn good legal system compared to most countries and the U.S. courts are a blessing to have.
    We have solid infrastructure, good highways, and A WHOLE LOT to be thankful for in our wonderful country and government.

I think we complain about government more than we are thankful because as a whole we take it for granted....but I feel the US government is one of the best in the whole world and I enjoy exercising my rights as a citizen.

GREAT THREAD JC!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Good looking avatar Carl. If you could only photoshop yourself out.

U.S.A.!

J.C.

(Nice Website Evolution Too. Everyone click his Asheville Plumber link)
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Good looking avatar Carl. If you could only photoshop yourself out.

U.S.A.!

J.C.

(Nice Website Evolution Too. Everyone click his Asheville Plumber link)
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It was highly disorganized and overwhelmed at the time and a lot of people would laugh at me for saying this, but FEMA really did good by my family.

I never before had to take a handout, but when we needed a hand up, and it became necessary for us to take advantage of public assistance, FEMA was there.
          Attached Files

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

As bad as it here in the states, you should see what's it's like in other countries. I've been to some countries where the money sent in by family members was twice as much as the national economy. Been to places where you get put on trial for talking bad about the king. Don't even get me started on how women are treated in other countries. The list could go on and on. The US for all it's problem's is still a good places to live, comparatively speaking.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We are a country of Laws. For that I am eternally grateful. I thank the jurors for their duty (yeah...that is a sucky thing to have to do but you gotta do it).

We are a country of Free peoples. For that I am eternally grateful. To every service person in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard I say thank you. Thank you for your service, your commitment and your work. We are free because you folks keep us that way.

We are a country of volunteers. We help our communities and give of our time, money, and resources to help out when it's needed and when we can. Have you volunteered this month?
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
              X