Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Government?

Is there any?

I've been reading alot of what our local & national leaders are doing that many do not agree with. I'm often in that group.

But I find the easiest thing to do is find something wrong. It's easy to inspect something and immediately find 3 things wrong. Been there/done that for some.

Maybe it's how our or my brains have been trained to work.

But it takes a little more effort to find things that are good and point them out.

So what do you think are some good things that are being done on local & national levels through the U.S. government?

J.C.

(This may be the shortest thread ever. )

Re: Good Government?

I believe there are some very well intentioned people in our Government. However, I also believe those are way too many which are out of touch with the people on the street. As for good things our Government does we need look no further than our Trade. In addition to the Plumbing Codes which are local the Federal Government passed a Clean Water Act.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Clean Water Act. That's a start. I know that was difficult Mark.

J.C.

Comment

I'm guilty of looking at the downside and finding faults, but one thing I thank our government for would be the excellent job of keeping us safe from anymore terrorist bombings. National security may not be perfect but it's sure better than it was prior to 9/11. President Bush, our legislators and all the folks down in the trenches did and are doing a wonderful job. Thanks!

Comment

I think the Coast Guard does a good job with their Search and Rescue. Any fans of Deadliest Catch know what I'm talking about.
          When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

National Defense
            Interstate Highway System
            Police

Comment

Solar tax incentives. No limit.
              Tankless incentive restored.

Public Library.

J.C.

Comment

Al Gore for giving us the internet

Local police- time my security alarm goes off to having an armed officer at my door- 1 minute 45 secs.

Our Waste to Energy Plant

Federal Govt for providing us with beautiful memorials and The National Zoo at no charge

Comment

Good thread, I think we often forget our Government does do some good things that we lose sight of.

Center for disease control CDC
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The Constitution, Bill of rights , The Emancipation Proclamation.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Local police- time my security alarm goes off to having an armed officer at my door- 1 minute 45 secs.

Local Police? You city folk sure are funny!!!
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The 19th Amendment. Oh never mind, my bad.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                          The Constitution, Bill of rights , The Emancipation Proclamation.
                          Great answer! I gave your answer some thought and wondered how lucky we were to have those brilliant men in our history. I want to keep this thread positive so I won't say what thoughts came to mind if our modern day legislators were given the same responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            The 19th Amendment. Oh never mind, my bad.

Mark

OHHH.
                            I'm going to fire up some pop corn. This is going to be good when Joey comes on

Comment

Some info that could be helpful. http://www.usa.gov/index.shtml

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X