homemade or drive through lunch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade or drive through lunch

when your on the road for the day doing jobs, do you bring lunch, or do you eat it on the road?

Re: homemade or drive through lunch

Vince, How many drive throughs do you have in Rankin Inlet?
    The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
      when your on the road for the day doing jobs, do you bring lunch, or do you eat it on the road?
      When I am in the office, I usually bring my lunch; except when I am too rushed to make a sandwich in the morning. When I'm away from the office, I buy and tend not to bring.

Buying lunch everyday is too expensive; and not to mention it is often too time consuming. Waiting in line for sometimes 15 minutes doesn't do me any good.

Comment

Most of the time I like to take my lunch. If going to a new job that I have never been to or it's out of town somewhere, I always pack a lunch, never know whats around. If I am going to a regular customer or second time to a job, then I know what to do. Nice to have access to a microwave on the job, if I'm going to be on the job for a couple of weeks I will take a microwave to the jobsite if there is not one around.

The fast food joints will break you after a while, in the wallet and in the gut.

Most always get a biscut and large sweet tea in the mornings.

G3

Comment

I'm a smoker so that's enough of unhealthy habits. No drive through feed for me.
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Subway everyday for lunch since December.

Whenever I bring my lunch I end up eating it at like 9 - 10 am and I'm hungry before I get home anyway.

I could save a lot of money bringing my lunch but I dont.

Plus I like the toasted warm bread, melted cheese, and variety that I wont get if I make my own sandwiches.

Had to give up Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendy's, too fattening. Especially my favorite double whopper with cheese.

I've lost 31 lbs since December.

40 to go...

Comment

I go with lunch but at least 3 times a week I hit up a all you can eat sushi joint. Only resturant food I like.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm tired of food, literally. If I could just take a pill at this point, I would.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

both the old w4500 and new sprinter are at 9' tall. very few drive throughs will fit.

but i can park

still working off the 3- $25.00 gift certificates i have from mcdonalds. wendy's and burger king.

had a single burger today. no double double

if i'm at a job all day, i don't stop for lunch.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                    Vince, How many drive throughs do you have in Rankin Inlet?
                    none.

well, i suppose if they opened both doors at the grocery store and you happen to be driving a ATV you might be able grab a loaf of bread. that would be a little boring to eat.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                      none.

well, i suppose if they opened both doors at the grocery store and you happen to be driving a ATV you might be able grab a loaf of bread. that would be a little boring to eat.

Vince
                      Vince you could go by the meat counter and get some lunch meat for that loaf of bread,

Since there are about the same number of drive thorough around here as there is in Rankin, I usually take a lunch, or not eat, but I am getting that about mid after noon it seems that I need something,
                      If I am around the place here I usually eat in the shop as I have a small kitchen/in the meat room in the back. (there is a beef in the cooler currently that needs to be cut up), Guess I may have a fresh cut steak for dinner.
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I always pack water and food. Usually energy bars of some sort or another. Too much lunch and I'll have to use the restroom. That can cause a problem if I have the toilet pulled when I need it.
                        I never know where I'll be or what I'll run into. So I am covered. If I have time then I can stop if I want.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                          I always pack water and food. Usually energy bars of some sort or another. Too much lunch and I'll have to use the restroom. That can cause a problem if I have the toilet pulled when I need it.
                          I never know where I'll be or what I'll run into. So I am covered. If I have time then I can stop if I want.
                          Easy,

just what you need in an emergency.

i had a set up like this when i had the cabin.

i used to put a couple of plastic shopping bags in it so i could dispose of the dirty deed right away. no $h!t.

Vince

this would only work if you have a van. you'll look a little funny sitting in the back of a pick-up with this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

was watching a crew laying asphalt in the parking lot of the building we were working on. couple of fellas grab something out of the cab of their truck and take it over to the edge of the new asphalt. It was all wrapped in aluminum foil and they covered it up with hot asphalt. We though it was some some kind of temperature monitoring something or other.

Lunch time came for them and they uncovered the tin foil package and took it over to the truck. A loaf of bread appeared from the truck and then the foil was opened up..................BBQ, all hot and steaming.

I bet that tasted like shat.

no waste and a hot meal.

One day we watched a bunch of mexicans cooking lunch on an open fire, their skillet was the metal lid off of a trash can.

G3

Comment

i like to knaw on a old seal flipper when i get peckish.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                              X