X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn Reality?

There was wide spread News coverage today about cyber spying by china and russia into our power grid and communications networks. According to White House sources such information gathered by our "enemies" would be used in a preemptive strike to weaken our defenses and disrupt our ability to respond. Without sounding paranoid, such behavior by china and russia can't be attributed to a halloween prank or April Fool's joke. I think the only reason they would conduct such covert missions would be in preparation of an attack against the USA! Maybe holding a trillion dollars of our debt is no longer such a big bargaining chip and china along with russia plan to take it all? Sounds too improbable, I mean even if they got through our military we have our own guns. Well, for now we still have our own guns.

Re: Red Dawn Reality?

I am sure Obama will apologize to them for finding out what they are doing. After all, it must be our fault.
    sigpic

Comment

It's been going on forever. spying that is. I'm glad they discovered it but it what countries do. It's Certainly not to be taken lightly.

Comment

I say blow up anything that moves.

Insects, farm animals, people, blow em' up, ask questions later.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Over the last few months they have caught both China and Russia spying on us several times. There is a reason we have maintained control over the Internet for so many years. I certainly hope the current Administration does not give up our control.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, I know this is a very complicated issue with far reaching repercussions, but imagine if you were in business with a couple guys and you found out they were trying to figure out how to cut your power and telephone lines prior to killing you? Isn't that what this is all about when you get down to the bottom line? I think it is and if it is what the heck are we waiting for? How many more times do we look the other way as china and russia work to cripple our infrastructure. How many more missles do we allow north korea to launch? How many more blatant threats from iran do we ignore. I know we have tremendous military might and the world needs us, but turning the other cheek just gives them another target. Our borders are open and weapons of mass destruction are for sale by our enemies (friends). That video posted by Dunbar was real.

Comment

I agree 100% with you Frank but perhaps that is why we are not Statesmen. The UN is very much pushing for the United States to turn over the Internet to their control. I say we keep it for ourselves and stop China and Russia from using it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I agree 100% with you Frank but perhaps that is why we are not Statesmen. The UN is very much pushing for the United States to turn over the Internet to their control. I say we keep it for ourselves and stop China and Russia from using it.

Mark

The UN wants control of the internet? I've never heard that before.
                What is their interest in it?

Sounds kinda scary.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Mark, the u.n. is a real sore spot for me. Too many years of our country hosting those bums who never had our back! Why is the u.n. still here? Europe was good to take all our handouts but God forbid they side with us on a vote. Enough with the toothless u.n. sanctions, kick them out of the USA and let them all go to .... Do you really think the attack on 9/11 shocked all of the world except for the terrorists? I'm willing to bet others knew. How do we know there isn't some well coordinated plan to cause us harm? All sounds far fetched until it happens. I hope it doesn't happen, I hope we are never caught off guard as happened in Pearl Harbor. I hope President Obama realizes it wasn't President Bush europe and the arab world hated, it was the USA and what we stand for. We are at risk from within and from outside, enough charasmatic speaches and photo ops, time to get to work and do something!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    The UN wants control of the internet? I've never heard that before.
                    What is their interest in it?

Sounds kinda scary.
                    They would rather have a World Body control the Internet than the United States. However, we have maintained ownership as we paid to invent, develop and build the Internet.

Mark

Comment

Yeah but Al Gore invented the internet. He's going to say, "pay da man his worth"

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        Yeah but Al Gore invented the internet. He's going to say, "pay da man his worth"
                        Oddly enough I just read a report which says the part of the Internet Al Gore built is releasing methane gas into the atmosphere and causing Global Warming.

Mark

Comment

LOL!

I can't muster a reply to that one because I don't think I can top it.

Comment

These are scary times, no doubt. And it's not just the economic issues. Politics and political futures rule the day – not the will of the people. Also, I think the UN has had its day. It is ineffective, expensive, pompous and impotent.
                            Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                            I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                            My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

This is who has my back...

Comment

Working...
                              X