X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PI$$ ANT PIRATES , Hillary's new Navy

I don't know if this is the same situation as the last one I read about but it was not a military ship. It was a private business in international waters. So I don't think military intervention typically would apply.

I saw an interview with the ship or cargo owner of the last ship that was hijacked. He made a business decision to pay the ransom. Kind of like pay $250,000.00 or lose $5,000,000.00.

There are many tactical ways to "take them out". Depends on the owners I suppose to a certain degree.

Wonder what would happen after the first communication from the hijackers if they just turned the radio's & phones off? Let them just sit on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Wonder what would happen after the first communication from the hijackers if they just turned the radio's & phones off? Let them just sit on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

J.C.

I believe they did throw them in the water.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        The enclosed lifeboat has no bathroom. They have to come up for air at some point.
        .....and that my darling is why a (most not all) women's place is not as a decision maker in a anti-terrorist position!

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          .....and that my darling is why a (most not all) women's place is not as a decision maker in a anti-terrorist position!

Mark
          I don't know about anti-terrorism, I just know about having to go potty.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Don't worry as I am sure you would be safe in one of those situations. It took the pirates 5-hours to capture the ship and the entire time they were heard screaming "WE WANT THE REDHEAD".

Mark

Comment

Surrender Dorothy!

Comment

My Heart sings. The Marine Corps L.P.H.[ Landing platform Helo ] is on scene.
                Ben on it over 40 Years ago. I guarantee You, there's some Recon Marines Just itchin
                to meet these skinny Lil Shitz.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This all my personal opinion. I think in the future, private companies like XE(blackwater) will be providing security. A pirate boat would be very easy to take out. One or 2 guys with a M240(new M60) could take them out pretty far away, 1100 meters. IMO if a boat comes to one of those ships without proper authentification, then blow it up. Better to be alive and wrong then right and dead.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    This all my personal opinion. I think in the future, private companies like XE(blackwater) will be providing security. A pirate boat would be very easy to take out. One or 2 guys with a M240(new M60) could take them out pretty far away, 1100 meters. IMO if a boat comes to one of those ships without proper authentification, then blow it up. Better to be alive and wrong then right and dead.
                    My exact thoughts . The minute men from Concord and Lexington could do the job!
                    Piracy is why the Marine Corps was formed. Marines were sharpshooters in the rigging
                    killing pirates. Our Navy was formed to destroy these pirates. They could,if the hand cuffs
                    were taken off!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I don't know if this is the same situation as the last one I read about but it was not a military ship. It was a private business in international waters. So I don't think military intervention typically would apply.

I saw an interview with the ship or cargo owner of the last ship that was hijacked. He made a business decision to pay the ransom. Kind of like pay $250,000.00 or lose $5,000,000.00.

There are many tactical ways to "take them out". Depends on the owners I suppose to a certain degree.

J.C.
                      INTERESTING CONCEPT! Purpose of the military, to protect itself only,
                      To hell with the civilian scum! Mark Twain would have some fun with this!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        INTERESTING CONCEPT! Purpose of the military, to protect itself only,
                        To hell with the civilian scum! Mark Twain would have some fun with this!
                        I felt JC made a valid point. It's not that the military would not go after the pirates in the example he used, it was that the owner was allowed to pay a ransom rather than have the military handle it. The owner made a decision to pay money to save his crew, his ship and the cargo. I think he made a mistake but it was his mistake. That does not however mead the military would not have taken them out after the exchange had they had the opportunity. It appears what the pirates do is they head back to shore and make the exchange outside of international waters.

Mark

Comment

As much as I would love to see it, you can't solve this situation with a missile or sneak attack. It's too late anyway. The whole world is watching now. Time is on our side here. In a few more days the food and drinking water will be gone in the lifeboat. They will either surrender or die of dehydration. They will have suffered the same fate as the missile except Hillary and Obama will be seen as brilliant for showing restraint in his first real test of mettle.

One the other hand, the missile would likely prevent another attack by other pirates next week, next month, next year.

Is the captains life worth that of 4 or 5 piss ant pirates?. Probably not, but is it worth the lives of many that come after him?...maybe

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            As much as I would love to see it, you can't solve this situation with a missile or sneak attack. It's too late anyway. The whole world is watching now. Time is on our side here. In a few more days the food and drinking water will be gone in the lifeboat. They will either surrender or die of dehydration. They will have suffered the same fate as the missile except Hillary and Obama will be seen as brilliant for showing restraint in his first real test of mettle.

One the other hand, the missile would likely prevent another attack by other pirates next week, next month, next year.

Is the captains life worth that of 4 or 5 piss ant pirates?. Probably not, but is it worth the lives of many that come after him?...maybe
                            When the owner of the ship who paid the ransom was interviewed he said his way was the best way. However, he slipped up when they asked what happened to his pirates. He said he was not sure and for all he knows they may be the ones holding the Captain. All paying ransoms their does is insure their will be another attack by the pirates.

Mark

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if Bush was in office during this, the flavor of the ocean would be "piratey" at this point.

Kill, ask questions later. Allow for media and public circus outcry, back to business, keeps the rest in line.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I have a different take on this. I'm not sure of the amount of shipping traffic. It may be thousands of ships and very few hijackings, But if a company is sending ships to these waters with no armed guards,soldiers or mercenaries then they aren't to smart. And I don't want my tax dollars tied up protecting people that won't pay to protect themsevles at what would most likely not be a huge cost. How would this be. Armed guards thwart attemped highjacking. It isn't like they would be out gunned by a strong foriegn navy.

Comment

Working...
                                X