X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glimmers of Hope

Just heard President Obama mention "Glimmers of Hope" during a press conference. Really? I suggest he visit the tent cities around our country, the businesses closing down, the long lines on unemployment. Where the heck are the jobs he promised? All those green jobs? My glimmer of hope is that my medical benefits don't get taxed and that I can still deduct the tax on my mortgage. My glimmer of hope is that my continued efforts to hold my head above water will not be further destroyed by more stupid government stunts.

Re: Glimmers of Hope

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Just heard President Obama mention "Glimmers of Hope" during a press conference. Really? I suggest he visit the tent cities around our country, the businesses closing down, the long lines on unemployment. Where the heck are the jobs he promised? All those green jobs? My glimmer of hope is that my medical benefits don't get taxed and that I can still deduct the tax on my mortgage. My glimmer of hope is that my continued efforts to hold my head above water will not be further destroyed by more stupid government stunts.
    Obama has spent entirely too much time talking about doom & gloom which I believe has contributed to our problems. What we need right now is a leader who can inspire all of us to get through these hard times. We have the ability but sometimes we need a cheerleader to help us get there. Hopefully Obama is now ready to be that leader.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

There are some at least in my mind. Wells Fargo actually made money; this is important if we expect banks to get back on their feet and lending in a sane manner (and also be able to repay TARP even if Obama doesn't want them too). The trade deficit was smaller this month than it has been in 10 years (though some attribute this to just economic weakness, but it was cut in half compared to a year ago and our economic activity has not been cut in half).

I do agree that Obama, Bush, Paulson, and Geitner all caused problems with their doom and gloom predictions.

Comment

His teleprompter told him to say that!

Comment

I agree that too much 'gloom and doom' is a bad thing. Then too, when it's the truth - what's a person to do?

'Glimmers of Hope' is rather ambiguous, also. But it sounds warm and fuzzy. Like we're making some headway. I don't agree with the steps that have been taken thus far. We're printing too much money and giving too much money away - and that is altering the bottom line unrealistically. Ultimately, the bill will come due.

Well Fargo was an anomaly. Also, I don't know how much of their profit is actually the result of the new accounting standards now allowed. But heck, what do I know.
          Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
          I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
          My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

The problem is, he is a politician. What he said during the campaign is what he felt he had to say to get votes. Once in office reality hits you in the face and all those ideas get thrown out because they weren't based on how things really are. Just words just speeches.

The economy will recover on its own if the government does not try to manipulate too much. Jobs... well the ones that cant be exported will have millions of illegal immigrants imported to fill.

Comment

Working...
            X