X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 3000 power washer?

i have a ridgid powerwasher that i can not get started. it has the subaru motor on it. we changed the gas and cleaned the carbs and now the pump is locking up. it acks like its not getting gas but we have cleaned the jets. do you have to turn the jets in or out some many turns or something? i need if there is anywhere i can find a manul for it. thanks

Re: ridgid 3000 power washer?

take it back

Comment

First thing to do is make sure that you bleed all the air from the hose. I run my garden hose about 30 secs to get all the air out. Then I attach the garden hose to the pw. Now turn the water back on and leave the nozzle off the wand. Pull the trigger on the wand for about a minute and let the water run through it. Attach your nozzle.

When my 3000 pw was new, I had to pull the trigger on the wand when I fired it up. Just make sure no one is standing in the path of the wand. After the engine rpm stablized and I turned off the choke, I was able to let go of the trigger and let it warm up before I used it. If I didn't pull the trigger when I tried to start my pw, my engine would start and stall within a few seconds. The pump builds pressure really fast. I don't know if I still had trapped air or if the engine can't get up to speed quick enough, but this method worked for me. After I used my pw a few times and everything finally broke in, I haven't had the problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by Den69RS96 View Post
        First thing to do is make sure that you bleed all the air from the hose. I run my garden hose about 30 secs to get all the air out. Then I attach the garden hose to the pw. Now turn the water back on and leave the nozzle off the wand. Pull the trigger on the wand for about a minute and let the water run through it. Attach your nozzle.

When my 3000 pw was new, I had to pull the trigger on the wand when I fired it up. Just make sure no one is standing in the path of the wand. After the engine rpm stablized and I turned off the choke, I was able to let go of the trigger and let it warm up before I used it. If I didn't pull the trigger when I tried to start my pw, my engine would start and stall within a few seconds. The pump builds pressure really fast. I don't know if I still had trapped air or if the engine can't get up to speed quick enough, but this method worked for me. After I used my pw a few times and everything finally broke in, I haven't had the problem since.
        Mine is doing this very thing. I thought it was carb related. I ran once but only on choke. I have to have someone pull the trigger on the wand to get it started. You can use it for a few minutes, always on choke but when you let off on the trigger it stalls. It won't go into idle mode with the engine running.

I will try this tomorrow.

Comment

Bring it back is the best advice! I brought mine back tothe store for an exchange. The second unit started with one pull and has been running flawlessly ever since.

Comment

I bought Ridgit 3000 PSI PW at HD yesterday and gave it a try today. I must agree with the folks posting that the manual does not have enough information in it to get started or to know how to maintain this machine.
            You need to make sure that the engine and the gas switches are on and the label a the little black plug under its is removed as well.
            I followed the direction mentioned in this thread to get started and I did not have a problem.
            Prior to purchasing Ridgid, I did some research and I am happy with my decision. This unit has an excellent engine in Subaru, great Cat pump, very good hose, wand and other accessories. The warranty is also the best in class, although there are some catches in "fine" print.

Comment

Working...
            X