Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Tea Party - CNN Just Doesn't Get it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago Tea Party - CNN Just Doesn't Get it!

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
    I don't understand... Because Bush and the republicans spent too much money it is ok for Obama and the democrats to spend even more money. There is no logic to that arguement.
    America voted for change not a continuation of spending more than we will ever be able to pay. You cannot spend your way out of debt!
    So hard working people who usually don't make waves who live the best they can and pay their taxes....finally, decided to be heard. I say awesome. That is America.
    I'm not arguing against people protesting, but where was this outrage last year or the year before? Is this really about wasteful government spending.

What is the alternative plan, by the way?

If tax cuts worked we never would have gotten here in the first place. We had tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 and yet here we are.

Do we do nothing and coast while this happens?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123998769476529637.html

And just hope for the best?

Maybe we do.

Comment

Keep it light gentlemen.

Thanks-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Keep it light gentlemen.

Thanks-Mark
        You started it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
          you started it.

j.c.

:d Smilie Malfunction

LOL
          Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 04-17-2009, 09:31 PM. Reason: Smilie MAlfunction

Comment

I'll tell you what it's all about. We lost and they won. since they won we all need to shut up and let them do whatever they want to do. After all they were silent for the entire 8 years of GW weren't they? All of us that are concerned about the staggering amount of money being thrown away just need to shut up. don't you realise that paying taxes is patriotic? So just quit whining, shut your mouth and let the Democrats steam roll right over the constitution, states rights and your rights because if you complain at all, you are a bigot and a racist because we all know that it's not about the trillions of dollars, or the debt that your childrens children will be paying off. It's that you just can't stand a black man in the white house. (courtasy of Janine Gerafolo) Hell, anything is better than Bush isn't it?

I have news for all you Obama supporters. There are a whole lot of things worse than the 8 years of Bush and we are well on the path to finding out what they are. You follow this messiah with your eyes closed and he will lead you all right over the cliff.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the outrage has been there for a couple of years now which is why so many Republicans got voted out. I think what will be tough for Obama will be those who feel he is not living up to promises which makes him just another politician. These are not things we can look at in current times and guess the outcome. These are things we will be examining for years to come.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                I'm not arguing against people protesting, but where was this outrage last year or the year before? Is this really about wasteful government spending.

If tax cuts worked we never would have gotten here in the first place. We had tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 and yet here we are.

Maybe we do.
                The tax cuts weren't and aren't the problem. Its the spending. Entitlement spending. A few hundred billion for this, for that. We're spending over 400 billion a year just on the interest on the debt. Almost as much as national defense, but neither are as much as "social programs". (Welfare, housing, medicare, medicaid, etc.)

NONE of the congress critters actually read the stimulus bill. It was put together and signed in record time. 1100+ pages. Supposedly for "shovel-ready projects".

A few things stand out. Nancy pelosi's district got $30 million to preserve the habit of a mouse. How many jobs will that create? How many people from tech, sales, and real estate do you honestly believe will pick up a shovel and get the "calloused hands" the kenyan talked about?

As far as the unemployment. Most on this site seem to be self employed or service oriented. I came up in commercial during the boom(s). There are SO many people that need to be working the register at Mcdonalds instead of calling themselves plumbers or other trades. The problem locally is that the menial jobs are currently filled...by folks from south of a certain border who don't exactly have permission to work or be in this country. (Did I say that p.c. enough?)

But they took E-verify out of the bill. Obummers' economic advisor Robert Reich stated to the advisory board that the jobs not go to "white male construction workers".

I live in the 4th largest city in CO. We got 1 project. $50 million to "enhance" ONE interstate exit. That stretch of highway is the MOST congested area twice a day because it goes from 3 lanes to 2. But in the rush to have "shovel ready jobs" they half-assed it. It will be a waste and of little benefit to the area, and aside from a few asphalt companies and civil engineers, no one is going to be making money from it.

Just so no one thinks this is getting too serious, another picture.
                Attached Files

Comment

O.K. ladies and gentlemen, educate me here.

Let's say the democratic parties stimulus is doomed to fail.

What is the alternative?

Please post a link to a plan that may pull our economy out of the gutter.

I seriously would like to educate myself on the alternatives.

Thanks.

Comment

I have a plan that would put the economy back on track in one week

1. Stop taxing business. Businesses don't pay taxes, consumers pay taxes. Think about it. When business taxes go up they simply pass the tax on to the consumer by way of increased product and service costs.

2. Tax breaks for the rich. Yes tax breaks for the rich. The rich are the ones that actually pay taxes. Poor people don't pay any tax at all. The rich are the ones responsible for starting businesses and employing people and taking monitary risk, so why are we punishing them?

3. Get the damn illegal aliens the hell out of the country. They cost the nation (G.A.O. estimate) more than 60 billion a year.

4. Increase tariffs on foreign goods.

5. Abolish the EPA
                    6. Abolish the Department of Education
                    7. Consolidate the military into one unified service.
                    8. Put a colony on the moon or mars
                    9. Get the United nations the christ off our soil.
                    10. Allow the line item veto

And for everyone in this nation. Stop re-electing the same crooks and fools to office.
                    sigpic

Comment

I doubt any of us would have a comprehensive plan to save the economy but I think we all know we are in trouble and it is not the time to fund new and often useless projects. Obama came in talking about transparency and how all Bills would be available on line for 5-days before any vote. The first big Bill to come up was a $410,000,000,000 budget where the Congress was forced to vote on it before even they could read it and Obama signed it in private. Seems that was not very transparent and now we see it had over 8,000 earmarks when we were told there would no longer be earmarks. We may not be able to fix things but were pretty good at knowing when the plan is not thought out and that I believe is what many are upset about..

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        I have a plan that would put the economy back on track in one week

1. Stop taxing business. Businesses don't pay taxes, consumers pay taxes. Think about it. When business taxes go up they simply pass the tax on to the consumer by way of increased product and service costs.

2. Tax breaks for the rich. Yes tax breaks for the rich. The rich are the ones that actually pay taxes. Poor people don't pay any tax at all. The rich are the ones responsible for starting businesses and employing people and taking monitary risk, so why are we punishing them?

3. Get the damn illegal aliens the hell out of the country. They cost the nation (G.A.O. estimate) more than 60 billion a year.

4. Increase tariffs on foreign goods.

5. Abolish the EPA
                        6. Abolish the Department of Education
                        7. Consolidate the military into one unified service.
                        8. Put a colony on the moon or mars
                        9. Get the United nations the christ off our soil.
                        10. Allow the line item veto

And for everyone in this nation. Stop re-electing the same crooks and fools to office.
                        I don't think your plan would work to fix the economy although I agree with some of your ideas. The U.N. should have gone years ago. Resolve the situation with the illegals instead of ignoring it! Instead of increading tarrifs on foreign goods, how about making what we consume right here instead? Don't abolish the EPA, and go backwards to polluting our air, water and soil.
                        In response to a earlier post by you on this thread, complaining during the Bush years accomplished nothing and the same I believe is true of these tea parties. We need a third party because as Glen Beck said the "democrats suc and so do the republicans". Stop supporting communist china and the third world.

Comment

...when we were told there would no longer be earmarks. ...
                          Ah yes, but THOSE particular earmarks (campaign promises) were already
                          agreed to and could not be removed from the bill, much like the multi-million
                          dollar bonuses in that AIG could not renege on.

Everyone's knows of the Tea Party in Boston, but do you know where the other four tea parties were held and when?
                          Last edited by Bob D.; 04-17-2009, 11:02 PM.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Here's some food for thought

And don't think it can't happen:

We all know this will uptick someday...someday.

Other countries are poised for the killing right now to purchase these properties that are so low priced at this point.

A buddy of mine visited florida and he made a comment that $200,000 properties are going for $50-$70 grand....and there just isn't any buyers.

He said he collected a pile of listings that was 6" thick....!!!!

Tons of good deals, well worth the money but this indirectly in the sales of these homes, along with foreclosures, this will not only drop the values but indirectly effects the tax base back to the cities as well.

They can't tax @ $200 grand when the sale goes for $50-$70 grand. No one would hold still for that.

The american dollar gets devalued anymore than it already is....look to seeing other countries buying up these properties because the average american, can't.

Prepare yourselves for the sitting duck agenda with someone else profiteering from self-created demise.

And then the insurance companies start to crumble.....

Of course, I'm speculating but what the hell; everyone else is in the same realm and the only thing that we have now is time to watch it happen.

Credit is scarce, banks are reluctant to lend given how unlucky employment risk is, the balloon is deflated so people can't pull equity out of their homes....

there's none there or it is already gone. ???
                            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 04-17-2009, 11:05 PM.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

Maybe we do.
                              Last year we had an election to look forward to. Hope for a new congress and a president. Now we are fed up with the lies! Hope and change were bull and it only took 50 days to see it. They already raised taxes on people making less than $250K. (Cigarettes are a poor peoples product). So we try to stop them or at least slow them down.
                              We need more protests.
                              We need CNN to report what is going on not fighting with people who they disagree with.
                              Fixing the future only requires that we recall the mistakes of the past not use them as an excuse to continue down the wrong path.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                                Last year we had an election to look forward to. Hope for a new congress and a president. Now we are fed up with the lies! Hope and change were bull and it only took 50 days to see it. They already raised taxes on people making less than $250K. (Cigarettes are a poor peoples product). So we try to stop them or at least slow them down.
                                We need more protests.
                                We need CNN to report what is going on not fighting with people who they disagree with.
                                Fixing the future only requires that we recall the mistakes of the past not use them as an excuse to continue down the wrong path.
                                Welcome to American politics, say one thing and then once elected push your own agenda and that of your party and powerful supporters. The only thing in my opinion that will change this bait and switch pattern by democrats and republicans would be strict laws that force elected officials to make good on ther word! Fail to hold a campaign promise that is put in writting and you lose office! You don't need protests, blogs, tv programs that insult politicians. You need laws that force them to be who they say they are, or else.
                                Dunbar mentioned inexpensive home in FL which is where I would really like to live. I wouldn't take one of those $200,000 now $50,000 homes for free, because without a tax base of property owners paying to support city services and a community of working class people, you end up in a ghost town that is bankrupt.
                                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 04-18-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X