Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Tea Party - CNN Just Doesn't Get it!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago Tea Party - CNN Just Doesn't Get it!

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
    O.K. ladies and gentlemen, educate me here.

Let's say the democratic parties stimulus is doomed to fail.

What is the alternative?

Please post a link to a plan that may pull our economy out of the gutter.

I seriously would like to educate myself on the alternatives.

Thanks.

Fair Tax! There is a web site. But they claim that it will add 13 trillion to the economy without adding any tax burden. Major corporations will move to the US... creating jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
      Fair Tax! There is a web site. But they claim that it will add 13 trillion to the economy without adding any tax burden. Major corporations will move to the US... creating jobs.
      No they won't move to the USA. They enjoy polluting without the EPA, they can put workers at risk without OSHA. They pay slave labor wages. Why would they move back here even if they paid no taxes? Open your eyes, unless our standard of living dips to that of the third world we must legislate to regain our economic stability. Take that trade deficit and and turn it around by laws that block foreign goods and create jobs in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        No they won't move to the USA. They enjoy polluting without the EPA, they can put workers at risk without OSHA. They pay slave labor wages. Why would they move back here even if they paid no taxes? Open your eyes, unless our standard of living dips to that of the third world we must legislate to regain our economic stability. Take that trade deficit and and turn it around by laws that block foreign goods and create jobs in the USA.
        Well when they are polled they say they will come. The US has the second highest Corporate tax rate in the world.
        My city has the same problem we can't get big business to move here and spring training baseball is leaving because they get taxed to death.
        Labor here is much cheaper than other places in the US the cost of living is lower too. So companies should be flocking here right?

Comment

Well when they are polled they say they will come. The US has the second highest Corporate tax rate in the world.
          My city has the same problem we can't get big business to move here and spring training baseball is leaving because they get taxed to death.
          Labor here is much cheaper than other places in the US the cost of living is lower too. So companies should be flocking here right?
          People and corporations say a lot of things they either don't mean or won't back up with action. Cut taxes to corporations and the wealthy by 50% to 70% with the stipulation that the money be invested in the USA economy, not mexico or overseas. I guarantee they would not agree with those terms and if you reduced their tax liability without those terms the money would leave the USA never to be seen again. The problem is not taxes, it is an accumulation of many things over many years. Now we are paying the price for raising taxesto pay for government programs we could never afford in the first place, American jobs we allowed to leave, car and homes we could not pay for except with credit, and on and on and on.....Who and how will all this turn around? We are a country of laws, laws which have been ignored and manipulated to further special interest groups and for which the majority are paying.

Comment

We are a country of laws, laws which have been ignored and manipulated to further special interest groups and for which the majority are paying.
            Slight correction if i may.

We are a country of "People" that happen to have WAY too many Lawyers. Manipulating Laws for there own Interests and NOT the people they represent.

Show me the seperation of Powers once again Please?

Executive branch = Lawyers
            Judicial branch = Lawyers
            Legislative branch = Lawyers

Seems to make for a Rather Skewed Prospevtive by our Gov. no?

Anybody here feel sorta Un-Represented?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
              Slight correction if i may.

We are a country of "People" that happen to have WAY too many Lawyers. Manipulating Laws for there own Interests and NOT the people they represent.

Show me the seperation of Powers once again Please?

Executive branch = Lawyers
              Judicial branch = Lawyers
              Legislative branch = Lawyers

Seems to make for a Rather Skewed Prospevtive by our Gov. no?

Anybody here feel sorta Un-Represented?
              I think we agree that in the end those in power pick and choose which laws to enforce (tax codes) or ignore (immigration). Manipulating laws and government while ignoring the will of the people and the best interest of the USA.

Comment

I Agree wholeheartedly

Comment

I just read this entire thread while enjoying my morning coffee. Kudos to everyone for keeping it civil!

I don't think Obama is the sole motivation for the tea parties. He is, necessarily, part of it. He's the president. I just think people have had enough. Tea parties are one way to show that. Other ways are also playing out, but not getting as much publicity.

I really hoped Obama would change some things, but I'm just seeing same old/same old. My faith dropped substantially when he appointed the lead Raytheon lobbyist to the Pentagon's controlling seat and the ex-head of the Federal Reserve to the lead money post. I am greatly disappointed that he not only has not recinded the presidential powers Bush/Cheney took, but he is enhancing them.

Oh well, I think I'll go feed the Guineas...
                  Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                  I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                  My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

People and corporations say a lot of things they either don't mean or won't back up with action. Cut taxes to corporations and the wealthy by 50% to 70% with the stipulation that the money be invested in the USA economy, not mexico or overseas. I guarantee they would not agree with those terms and if you reduced their tax liability without those terms the money would leave the USA never to be seen again. The problem is not taxes, it is an accumulation of many things over many years. Now we are paying the price for raising taxesto pay for government programs we could never afford in the first place, American jobs we allowed to leave, car and homes we could not pay for except with credit, and on and on and on.....Who and how will all this turn around? We are a country of laws, laws which have been ignored and manipulated to further special interest groups and for which the majority are paying.
                    Corporations exist to make a profit . If they can aoperate in the US and make a profit they will. Even though our schools are falling behind we still have the most skilled workers on a large scale in the world.
                    You know they would rather build here closer to their market and not have a ll the quality head aches they have in China etc... If you get off the backs of the money makers they will make more money.

Comment

Corporations exist to make a profit . If they can aoperate in the US and make a profit they will. Even though our schools are falling behind we still have the most skilled workers on a large scale in the world.
                      You know they would rather build here closer to their market and not have a ll the quality head aches they have in China etc... If you get off the backs of the money makers they will make more money.
                      The corporations which exist to make profits have built close to their new markets because the American consumer is just about extinct. I don't agree with you that the most skilled and hard working Americans can compete with third world labor which costs only pennies a day by comparison. Those slaves in the thrid world live in shacks and have nothing whereas the American worker supports his/her government through taxes, pays mortgage, high food costs, insurances, etc.. You also ignored my comments about the EPA and OSHA, those organizations may be a pain in the butt to profit minded corporations but they have worked to undo some serious damage to our air, land and water we drink and fish from, not to mention mae the work place safer. Would you really be willing to have more working folks die needlessly in order to entice corporations? We are doomed in my opinion, the jobs have gone, the illegals have been given a big green light and our legislators have their heads in the sand. Some folks actually think jobs will come back if taxes are reduced, I don't the profit won't be enough for the businesses that left for cheaper slave labor. In the end they shot themselves in the foot because if we can't buy the cars, trucks, consumer electronics and so on, I'm darn sure the slaves can't either! Pay American workers a living wage, support the country that made you rich and remain in business!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        I'll tell you what it's all about. We lost and they won. since they won we all need to shut up and let them do whatever they want to do. After all they were silent for the entire 8 years of GW weren't they? All of us that are concerned about the staggering amount of money being thrown away just need to shut up. don't you realise that paying taxes is patriotic? So just quit whining, shut your mouth and let the Democrats steam roll right over the constitution, states rights and your rights because if you complain at all, you are a bigot and a racist because we all know that it's not about the trillions of dollars, or the debt that your childrens children will be paying off. It's that you just can't stand a black man in the white house. (courtasy of Janine Gerafolo) Hell, anything is better than Bush isn't it?

I have news for all you Obama supporters. There are a whole lot of things worse than the 8 years of Bush and we are well on the path to finding out what they are. You follow this messiah with your eyes closed and he will lead you all right over the cliff.

Ahh...Dissent is patriotic again. Gotta love it. I finally figured it out. It is all about entertainment! I'd love anyone yelling right now to show me where they voiced ANY worry over what the previous administration did to get us to this point. You and Janine Garrafallo are peas in a pod and are basically hockey parents who care more about your kids' teams record than what the game is really about. More at stake here than whose turn it is to b****.

Spending increased (more than ever in history) and taxes went down. Now we owe. Get angry at the bill collector, the paper it came on, the mail man who delivered it, whatever you want, but we pay it or the power goes out. Elementary.

Corporate greed went unchecked and unregulated at our own country's expense. Those charged with keeping the economy strong played the part of the absentee landlord let vermin infest, paint deteriorate and structure. Slumlords prevailed and got very wealthy and now we have repairs to do. Don't want to do them it will fall into even worse shambles and you will lose more than your tax cuts. Simple.

It is the structure that lets corporate interests be purchased from the leaders who are supposed to represent us that has made it this way. Go ahead and cheer your heart out for the red or blue team, cuz while you are at the game debating the price of the ticket your home is being burglarized by the folks who own both squads. Smarten up.

Eli
                        Last edited by woodenstickers; 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: spelin
                        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Welcome to American politics, say one thing and then once elected push your own agenda and that of your party and powerful supporters. The only thing in my opinion that will change this bait and switch pattern by democrats and republicans would be strict laws that force elected officials to make good on ther word! Fail to hold a campaign promise that is put in writting and you lose office! You don't need protests, blogs, tv programs that insult politicians. You need laws that force them to be who they say they are, or else.
                          Dunbar mentioned inexpensive home in FL which is where I would really like to live. I wouldn't take one of those $200,000 now $50,000 homes for free, because without a tax base of property owners paying to support city services and a community of working class people, you end up in a ghost town that is bankrupt.
                          Or we could try to demand more from our campaigning process. I heard more debate about flag pins than I did about how the economy was going to be worked out. More about gaffs on camera than what they really meant to say and how they were going to accomplish it. Birth certificate conspiracies, prego daughters, 52 states, Russia from you back porch, Pig wearing lipstick, on and on. Think it's gonna be better next time?

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                            O.K. ladies and gentlemen, educate me here.

Let's say the democratic parties stimulus is doomed to fail.

What is the alternative?

Please post a link to a plan that may pull our economy out of the gutter.

I seriously would like to educate myself on the alternatives.

Thanks.
                            I have some ideas, not a solution by any stretch, but some ideas that are at worst debatable.

1. Campaign reform that allows us to pick between folks who have good ideas, not good backing by corporate interests. This is complicated obviously, but if the MAIN advantage to a candidate is how much money they are "given" by any powerful and rich group they are not going to represent the population once elected. Period.

2. Incentives to regain the cutting edge of technology. So many important inventions that changed the world were born out of this country's ingenuity and hunger. Lets make sure we don't lose that edge as other parts of the world gain on us in every other facet. We are becoming soft. The American dream is not becoming rich and successful anymore, it is becoming rich with little or no work. You see it every day. Either we change this trend or forget it, we'll get hungry again when we are ACTUALLY hungry.

3. Legalize and tax drugs. Overnight you have destroyed income for our enemies in the illegal drug trade, increased revenue immensely, stopped murder over drug turf, deals, trafficking. Freed up our court and prison system. Become able to regulate the product and make it less dangerous. Regulate prices so crime to pay for habits becomes decreased. Opened the door for help for those who need it because they are not criminals anymore.

Of course there are real issues that will come with it, more access and acceptance of use (though I think it is pretty accessible and accepted now). Criminals who create their income from the activity becoming idle and moving into other crimes. The huge void in the criminal justice system will create job loss and a giant part of the government infrastructure will be obsolete. This will be a tough adjustment, fighting drugs is a big business. The point is the war on drugs is lost and can never be won and we are only letting undesirables profit from prohibition as long as we hang onto it, as well as losing tax revenue that could really help us now. If we can't keep drugs out of high security prisons, how can we keep them out of the country?

Just a few.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                              Or we could try to demand more from our campaigning process. I heard more debate about flag pins than I did about how the economy was going to be worked out. More about gaffs on camera than what they really meant to say and how they were going to accomplish it. Birth certificate conspiracies, prego daughters, 52 states, Russia from you back porch, Pig wearing lipstick, on and on. Think it's gonna be better next time?

Eli
                              Eli, I don't think it will be any different or better next time. I listened to Seah Hannity of Fox news define patriotism and push his style of McCarthyism for years in an effort to squash those who chose to disagree with President Bush, but now he is the loud one calling our President "The chosen one" and hurling insults. This attitude of "We lost and they won" really speaks to the twisted mindset of people who care more about their chosen political party than the truth and the success of our country. I think we need a third political party that truly represents the will of the people and can bring about the change most of us would like to see, not more of the same old song and dance. How many times will the democrats and republicans trade power and do nothing to improve our country? We are still at war, the trade deficit is the same, nothing will be done to resolve the illegals, nothing will be done to bring jobs back or create new jobs.....
                              In my opinion there is no difference between democrats and republicans, both parties got us here along with our help. Now let's keep buying homes, cars and consumer goods we can't afford, fight wars we can't pay for, have slaves in the third world make everyhting we consume and then expect a different outcome! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X