GPS's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPS's?

go on www.techbargains.com and search for "Garmin".

If I were buying one I would probably go after one with bluetooth so I could be hands free when I am in CA. Pry would help around here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      go on www.techbargains.com and search for "Garmin".

If I were buying one I would probably go after one with bluetooth so I could be hands free when I am in CA. Pry would help around here too.
      and when do you plan on being in calif

you know when we tell you to get lost, we're just kidding

funny thing is joeys brother borrowed my 2.5 year old mio for a grand canyon trip last week and i was lost without it. he put on 1250 miles and found everything he was looking for and i was driving in circles for a week without it.

simple to program and i'm lost without it.

just put it in the truck yesterday when he got back.

j.c. if you like that model so much, why not look on ebay? you might just find yours with all your info

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have a rather inexpensive ($100) Mio DigiWalker. It does all the basic stuff like visual location and Lat/Longitude/Altitude, zoom in and out, full maps including ability to adjust visual angle, "North", visual and verbal directions w/ language selection, distance to next turn and turn direction, speed, and even has a "flyover" mode should you want to run through your trip plan ahead of time. In addition it has a full, searchable directory.

My "tripping" is pretty limited, so I don't need a GPS to get me back and forth, but the "speed" indicator is nice as is the time/speed average features. The unit is small enough to fit in my shirt or jacket pocket and I use more for timing my "walks" more than I do my driving. Probably the most used feature is the directory. It's much easier to use than looking up some places in the phone book. (I don't have to get out the magnifying glass! )

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          and when do you plan on being in calif

you know when we tell you to get lost, we're just kidding

funny thing is joeys brother borrowed my 2.5 year old mio for a grand canyon trip last week and i was lost without it. he put on 1250 miles and found everything he was looking for and i was driving in circles for a week without it.

simple to program and i'm lost without it.

just put it in the truck yesterday when he got back.

j.c. if you like that model so much, why not look on ebay? you might just find yours with all your info

rick.
          Don't know if that would be good for my temper or there well being if I found my old one.

Funny thing is that particular Garmin is long discontinued but is fine for what I want it to do. But everyone I find on the net costs more than some of the new ones.

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            So do I. I even "normally" take it out of the vehicle when the day is done. But I swear some local-teenage-hooligans got it. For whatever reason that day I left it in the truck, went inside my house for a while, came back out, no GPS.

And no, I'm not in some high crime area. In fact, I'm in a low crime area.

J.C.
            ok rosie and will come over and track them down

we dont need a GPS to do this work
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Garmin 265T. Lifetime traffic, nothing to renew. Bluetooth, syncs all my contact info. 265W is a wider screen if you need it. Walmart online seems to be the cheapest. Works great. No real complaints. Got us from Houston to Lubbock to Roswell to Tucson through San Diego and home to OC. Never a problem. Always selected the fastest route. When we would stop for the night, I'd double check the various online mapping services to see if there was a quicker route and low and behold, it was right on. The down side is the maps need to be updated about every year or so. There's an option on the website though to download lifetime maps every 3 or 4 months for a one time fee.

Comment

I use a Blackberry with built in GPS
                Help me make Wishes Come True!
                Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

Rand McNally Street Finder.

I would like a gps for hurricane evacuations though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X