Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS Frontline: Poisoned Waters

Tuesday, 4/21/09 Check Local Listings

http://www.pbs.org/frontline/

PCrack, this should interest you, much of it is focused on DC, the Chesapeake, DelMarVa, Tysons Corner, and vicinity.

For the rest of us, it is relative also. You can see a preview at the link above.

Set your TiVos to record everyone.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: PBS Frontline: Poisoned Waters

In the Washington, DC area this will be aired from 9:00 - 11:00 pm on Tuesday on WETA (Chan 26 analog) and WETA-DT 26.1 and 26.4

In other areas nearby you can try WWPB (chan 31) and WWPB-DT 31.1 (Hagerstown - Hancock MD),,, W48AA (chan 48 Keyser, WV) and WFPT (chan 62 Frederick, MD) during the same times.

Hint for all in the Mid Atlantic region: From 8:00 - 9:00 pm you should find the show "Nova" on the correct station being aired. Just leave it on for "Poisoned Waters".
    Last edited by Woussko; 04-21-2009, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Bob

This should be interesting to watch

As a small child in the late 60's, I would walk down to the shores of the Potomac River to catch fish after school. My mother would shriek in horror when I would routinely bring home fish with 3 eyes, multiple tailfins and giant bulging cysts. She would discreetly throw them away when I wasn't looking. To make me feel good she would serve us Mrs. Pauls fish sticks for dinner and say how yummy my fish was. Yeah, my 2 freakish fish was able to feed a family of 9

I heard that the healthy oyster population in the Chesapeake Bay is less than 1% of what is was 100 years ago. There was talk a few weeks ago to bring in a Japanese oyster that is less susceptible to disease. The Bay borders several states and lawmakers can't come to a conclusion on what action to take, so nothing gets done.
      Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-21-2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Looks like that will be an interesting - and scary - show. I watched one on trash/waste a few days ago. We throw away 99% of everything we buy in America within 6-months! And we're running out of places to put it all.
        Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
        I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
        My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Working...
        X