X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News

I apologize for repeating myself but after watching today's News, I would suggest most of you skip it unless it directly affects you or someone you know. I'm not talking about the political news but all the sad, tragic personal stories involving violence and death. While these stories make the news, they have a negative impact on our emotions and add to our stressful lives. Please remember that while these occurances are part of reality, so to are the good things in life, the birth of children, people falling in love and all the other uplifting good things we should take joy in hearing. I am going to take my own advice and skip a day of News here and there, replace it with a sitcom or a program on the learning channel or discovery.

Re: Bad News

Good advice especially when one already knows the media's tendancy knows how to feed our culture's addiction to negative sensationalism.

Comment

I avoid the news. Last week I was at a very old customers house working and they had the news blaring. When I left, I just felt awful.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

heh? i have a 3yo so its sponge bob 24/7 here when the country burns to the ground I'll be in Bikini bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
          heh? i have a 3yo so its sponge bob 24/7 here when the country burns to the ground I'll be in Bikini bottom
          Hope you're enjoying a crabby patty at the crusty crab.

Comment

I usually listen to talk radio during the day and I find myself grumpy at theend of the day. So I have started mixing in a classic rock station. It helps to keep my spirits up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Hope you're enjoying a crabby patty at the crusty crab.

HA! made cheeseburgers for dinner and thats what my little one called them ROFL.

Comment

Spongebob rules. I wish I were more like him and Patrick, instead of Squidward.

Comment

i think more and more people want to have a news channel that has more good news then the bad .
                  if they dont change there way people will stop watching it and they will loose $ with there ads
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    i think more and more people want to have a news channel that has more good news then the bad .
                    if they dont change there way people will stop watching it and they will loose $ with there ads
                    I hope you are right because some folks are seriously depressed and all this bad news puts some of them over the edge. I remember times when good news was reported and it was uplifting, but now it's like a game to see who can report the most horrible events. I tell my friends and family "Good thoughts in and good thoughts out", we should take more control over what we watch on tv or listen to on the radio because it does affect our emotions. How many times in a day or week do we need to hear about the economy, or some tragic event?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Good advice especially when one already knows the media's tendancy knows how to feed our culture's addiction to negative sensationalism.
                      But on the other hand....the way that I look at it is that if they were constatly reporting on the good things that people did, or the kind things - that would scare the crap out of me. News is supposed to be reported happenings that are out of the ordinary. If we constantly start to hear "news" items about people helping people then those would be *events* that didn't happen all that often. Then we would be in a really sad place.

You are right though. We are mostly a society that strains our necks to look at the accident.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Fireguy97 View Post
                        But on the other hand....the way that I look at it is that if they were constatly reporting on the good things that people did, or the kind things - that would scare the crap out of me. News is supposed to be reported happenings that are out of the ordinary. If we constantly start to hear "news" items about people helping people then those would be *events* that didn't happen all that often. Then we would be in a really sad place.

You are right though. We are mostly a society that strains our necks to look at the accident.

Mick
                        Mick, who knows maybe if they reported more good news it would catch on? Truth is that both good and bad things are happening at the same time, so why do they have to keep pushing the bad stuff? Give us a break and let folks smile and be happy, we can't do much to chang the bad so wh not take joy in the good?

Comment

If I had a choice, I would rather see good news so that it could catch on. But I'm not as powerful as a decision maker as the ones "in news control" at CNN......What loosers! Whatever happened to unbiased reporting?? Re: CNN Not Getting it

Mick
                          Last edited by Fireguy97; 04-27-2009, 12:01 PM. Reason: Finding the quote, quote not working

Comment

Working...
                          X