X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close The Mexican Border!

This idea has already been raised and with good cause. Our border patrol agents have been instructed not to wear the protective surgical masks because they would look too intimidating. I believe the only reason they would need to wear such masks is to reduce the risk of infection, which leads us to the next obvious conclusion. The United States is at risk of swine flu infection from people entering our country from Mexico, so why is the border still open? Why are flights from Mexico still allowed? We are encouraging the spread of this disease, rather than taking every step to contain it from spreading. Forget the masks for the agents, clse the border until this crisis is over!

Re: Close The Mexican Border!

I think this is an over reaction to this virus. In the time the sine flu has killed 8 people the regular flu has killed 800.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
      I think this is an over reaction to this virus. In the time the sine flu has killed 8 people the regular flu has killed 800.
      agreed

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I shared both you opinions regarding this swine flu not causing nearly as much death as the regular strains, however after learning that the kill rate is much higher than the run of the mill flu I have changed my mind. If this new flu does spread like wildfire and the percentage of deaths is higher we are looking at many more deaths than in a typical flu season. What's the harm in trying to contain the flu? The other theory is to purposely help it spread by doing nothing and thin the herd, maybe that will happen?

Comment

I think its because it's too late.

Some people here have it already so closing the border won't help.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
            I think its because it's too late.

Some people here have it already so closing the border won't help.
            You're probably right, now it will run it's course and reduce the population.

Comment

I guess no taco bell for lunch.

Makes me sad.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                I guess no taco bell for lunch.

Makes me sad.
                I wonder if there are any Mexicans even working in Taco Bell? Here in CT, Mexicans are working most of the restaurants, Italian, French, you name it, so we are either going to stay shut in at home or get out and take our chances. I'm going to a couple family gatherings this weekend at two different restaurants, was thinking of showing up with a surgical mask and can of Lysol.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  You're probably right, now it will run it's course and reduce the population.
                  the natural order of selection

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                    the natural order of selection

steve
                    I say shake up the natural order of selecton. First to go guys under fifty five and women over forty. That should make things interesting.

Comment

I say shake up the natural order of selecton. First to go guys under fifty five and women over forty. That should make things interesting.
                      Could I admend that to guys under 54? :-)
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

This idea has already been raised and with good cause. Our border patrol agents have been instructed not to wear the protective surgical masks because they would look too intimidating. I believe the only reason they would need to wear such masks is to reduce the risk of infection, which leads us to the next obvious conclusion. The United States is at risk of swine flu infection from people entering our country from Mexico, so why is the border still open? Why are flights from Mexico still allowed? We are encouraging the spread of this disease, rather than taking every step to contain it from spreading. Forget the masks for the agents, clse the border until this crisis is over!
                        Close the border are u nuts u watch way to much CNN. I guess we should just shoot and kill anyone that has a flu. This is a flu not a killer deseise very simple you get it u take pills they make u better then u can never get again.
                        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                          Close the border are u nuts u watch way to much CNN. I guess we should just shoot and kill anyone that has a flu. This is a flu not a killer deseise very simple you get it u take pills they make u better then u can never get again.
                          BobD-Yes! Yes, I am nuts. If people are dying then it's a killer disease and the borders should have been closed, flights cancelled. There is no vaccine and not everyone survives. How many children and older folks do you want to die? Murderer!

Comment

BobD-Yes! Yes, I am nuts. If people are dying then it's a killer disease and the borders should have been closed, flights cancelled. There is no vaccine and not everyone survives. How many children and older folks do you want to die? Murderer!
                            Kids also die of the chicken pox, that doesn't mean we should shut the country down when an elementary school has a chicken pox outbreak. It makes sense to have some caution; especially for young children and the elderly (e.g., if there is a school with a case, it could make sense to cancel that class or possibly even close the whole school for a little bit); but just closing borders and halting travel and stopping all sorts of economic activity isn't the right answer.

Taken to the conclusion, how many kids will go hungry because mommy and daddy couldn't go to work due to unnecessary panic?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Kids also die of the chicken pox, that doesn't mean we should shut the country down when an elementary school has a chicken pox outbreak. It makes sense to have some caution; especially for young children and the elderly (e.g., if there is a school with a case, it could make sense to cancel that class or possibly even close the whole school for a little bit); but just closing borders and halting travel and stopping all sorts of economic activity isn't the right answer.

Taken to the conclusion, how many kids will go hungry because mommy and daddy couldn't go to work due to unnecessary panic?
                              Takes tough people to make the difficult decisions, so a few kids go hungry in order to prevent thousands of deaths. That's the price you pay! Disinfect or burn all diseased areas, burn the dead before it's too late. Close those dam borders and shoot to kill anyone trying to enter, disease or not!

Comment

Working...
                              X