Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check for Congress

I just found this video on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

What amazes me is while all of this was going on Congress was worried about having hearings on the use of steroids in Baseball. Now that the housing market has fallen apart and the economy is in a free fall they want to investigate college football. These guys need to get out and walk among the public to give them a reality check.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Reality Check for Congress

Mark, I only watched a few seconds of the video and then shut it off. When they started talking about trouble in the financial markets and the economic crisis I think they are leaving out the bigger contributing issues. Our government overspent for years, it's great to have a space program if you can pay for it, same goes for the billions spent fighting in Iraq. These are all noble causes but how do we pay for them when Americans were and are losing jobs to illegals and the third world? Sure mortgages were given to folks who could not pay them once the interest rate rose, and that was shortsighted and irresponsible. Plenty of folks got car loans who were overextended and then lost their jobs. Seems to be one mistake and missed opportunity to correct them after another. Our legislators were not asleep, they were occupied with what was important to them, unfortunately those things were not important to us. Now we are shareholders in failed businesses and will pay for folks who overextended themselves. I believe our current economic situation has been at least thirty years in the making. Everything was a big joke and we laughed driving gas hogs further and further from where we worked, we bought up all the electronic junk the world dumped on us and called it progress, we took turns electing governing political parties that furthered their own agendas and did nothing to prepare our country for the future. I'm mad at myself and mad at others who should have seen this comming. Now we blame freddie and fanny and we punish them with bailouts. How do you see this playing out? Personally, I'm not scared but I'm very concerned because I just can't imagine bailouts and stimulus money fixing a darn thing and that seems to be all the republicans and democrats understand.

Comment

Frank,

The cost of Iraq and Afghanistan have been very expensive. However, when you consider the total cost of both wars over the last 8-years has been $850,000,000,000 it is paled by the money currently being spent.

I agree the bail outs will not work.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Frank,

The cost of Iraq and Afghanistan have been very expensive. However, when you consider the total cost of both wars over the last 8-years has been $850,000,000,000 it is paled by the money currently being spent.

I agree the bail outs will not work.

Mark
        No argument from me on the current money being spent/wasted! Close to a trillion for the wars, a trillion trade deficit, trillions spent on foreign oil. Trillions borrowed from communist china. Where does it end, how does it end well? I don't see it Mark. There has been no accountability for many years, no plan for keeping our country financially strong. We agree that the current spending blitz is not the answer, so what is the plan to turn this economy around? I think we need to bring back jobs and spend our money right here paying Americans!

Comment

I truly believe we let the weak fail and quit trying to spend them out of inefficiency. If you look at the Big 3, Ford is the only one without a hand out. GM and Chrysler are taking money which is really an unfair advantage against Ford. When GM and Chrysler started first losing money they should have been left alone and if they did not survive someone like Mitt Romney would have stepped in and split the companies up into several viable companies. Instead the Administration stepped in with a ton of money and started running things. Does it bother you just a little that GM will be handeling the in house financing for Chrysler now?

I also feel agendas need to take a back seat at this time. The new proposed carbon tax will cost all of us a fortune, the new fuel standards were said to be burdensome on the Auto Industry before how do you think it will effect them now? Now look at all the new spending being proposed and ask yourself if only those making over $250,000 will be able to pay for it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I truly believe we let the weak fail and quit trying to spend them out of inefficiency. If you look at the Big 3, Ford is the only one without a hand out. GM and Chrysler are taking money which is really an unfair advantage against Ford. When GM and Chrysler started first losing money they should have been left alone and if they did not survive someone like Mitt Romney would have stepped in and split the companies up into several viable companies. Instead the Administration stepped in with a ton of money and started running things. Does it bother you just a little that GM will be handeling the in house financing for Chrysler now?

I also feel agendas need to take a back seat at this time. The new proposed carbon tax will cost all of us a fortune, the new fuel standards were said to be burdensome on the Auto Industry before how do you think it will effect them now? Now look at all the new spending being proposed and ask yourself if only those making over $250,000 will be able to pay for it.

Mark
            Mark, our President and legislators may be well educated people, but I don't think their priorities are in order, furthermore I think they lack a certain amount of common sense or as you mentioned earlier contact with the common folks. Sure it would be nice to institute all these progressive programs and while some would argue it's never the right time, now sure is not the right time to spend! In my opinion we need mass employment, not just a saving of current jobs mentality. We need affordable energy and food. Healthcare and education would be nice as well. Lets save the home then plan to redecorate, first things first. Where are the priorities when the spending is rampant, where is the plan? Somebody republican or democrat lay it out for the common folks so we don't scratch our heads in disbelief.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Mark. It's all stuff I've heard but it's good to see it in 1 spot. By the way wasn't Barny Franks girl friend a big shot at Fanny or Freddy? Fanny and Freddy was a perfect spot for politicians -read democrats- to set there allies and friends and family up with awesome jobs.

Comment

I find it appalling that congress can't find something important to do. They could adjourn and quit spending money.
                They need to go back to the folks who elected them and find out what is important to them.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  Thanks for posting that Mark. It's all stuff I've heard but it's good to see it in 1 spot. By the way wasn't Barny Franks girl friend a big shot at Fanny or Freddy? Fanny and Freddy was a perfect spot for politicians -read democrats- to set there allies and friends and family up with awesome jobs.
                  Yes Barney Franks onetime "spouse" (his words not mine) Herb Moses, was Fannie Mae’s assistant director for product initiatives.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    Barney Franks hasn't had a girlfriend since he discovered what was in their pants wasn't the same thing he had in his pants.

Comment

Working...
                    X