X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Van

Great looking truck Robert. I am really happy to see how well you are doing.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Your truck looks great.

I got a quote of $1200.00 to do the lettering on my van from FASTSIGNS.

I went to a local sign company who charged me $565.00 for the same thing.

National franchises will get ya, kind of like "you know who rooter"

I should have gotten my logo done before I did my van lettering though.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Nice truck, a buddy of mine plumbs out of one, It has got to be the best truck to work out of I've ever seen.

Comment

Nice and clean looking, what is that kind of van called? Im getting mine measured tomorrow and will have full wrap next week I'll post pics when its done.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Robert,
            way to go. I bet the inside is immaculate. I got a feeling you are going to end up with several trucks on the road with uniformed plumbers, turned out by you, raking in the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
              Nice and clean looking, what is that kind of van called? Im getting mine measured tomorrow and will have full wrap next week I'll post pics when its done.

e350 super duty with a harbor body.

The wrap is good, the only thing is it would have cost me around $6000 to redo both vans to make them look alike. I would rather save that for cash flow or towards a trailer jetter.
              Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-01-2009, 11:53 PM.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                Robert,
                way to go. I bet the inside is immaculate. I got a feeling you are going to end up with several trucks on the road with uniformed plumbers, turned out by you, raking in the dough.

I must say, it is easier to keep this truck clean inside, but extremely hard to keep it clean outside, it really sucks to wash it!!
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert, best of luck with the new vehicle and business. I have a couple of suggestion I hope you will consider. Try and keep the locking bar that runs through the doors free of obstruction and lightly greased. Lastly, I would imagine you will be using a lock either keyed, or combination (sesamee, sp) to secure the lock bar? Consider a small chain secured to the bar and other end to the lock to prevent losing the lock in the event it is left open while the vehicle is moving. You might want to keep the door hinge pins well lubed if they are still that design. I'm going from past experience with similar truck and door designs. Good luck. Frank

Comment

Sweet work ride - very professional paint work, too.
                    Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                    I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                    My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Awsome looking truck, glad to see how well you're doing in these bad times.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Robert, best of luck with the new vehicle and business. I have a couple of suggestion I hope you will consider. Try and keep the locking bar that runs through the doors free of obstruction and lightly greased. Lastly, I would imagine you will be using a lock either keyed, or combination (sesamee, sp) to secure the lock bar? Consider a small chain secured to the bar and other end to the lock to prevent losing the lock in the event it is left open while the vehicle is moving. You might want to keep the door hinge pins well lubed if they are still that design. I'm going from past experience with similar truck and door designs. Good luck. Frank

Thanks Frank, the slide bar has an internal lock, no other exterior locks needed. I do understand about slide bar and things getting in the way
                        Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-02-2009, 10:09 AM.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Awsome looking truck, glad to see how well you're doing in these bad times.
                          I sat on the decision for a long time, it was a tough decision, but I grew out of my old van, I was always running tot he garage to get equipment and it was slowing me down, this way, everything is ready and i can upsell a jetter or camera alot easier, not even upsell, if I need it just because the situation calls for it, it is right there.

If the company needs to grow, I don't have a choice, I have to help it, I can't hold it back

Now is the time to purchase, this is a late year o7, it sat for a long time, long story short, the dealer put a body on it and sold it for what the actuall van costs, I got the body for free.

Good luck with your move over here! exciting!
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

That's is a nice new work vehicle. I have one very similar to it. You will be happy not having to run for parts after every job.

Your signs are excellent also.

Comment

Robert ,

Awesome new van!!!

Nice job man!

Glad to see you are doing suppppppper

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X