Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Anybody seen this, need to see............

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen this, need to see............

I saw this on another forum, did not write anything below but agree with it whole heartedly.

G3

Did you see it in the news??? Did you read about it in the newspaper?? Did you hear about it by radio??? Why Not! Just guess!!!!

Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor

PO2 (EOD2) (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
    Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously for jumping on a grenade in Iraq , giving his life to save a group of Navy Seals.
    (Notice: Mike was not a Navy SEAL, he was EOD. He gave his life to save a group of Navy SEALS.)

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in San Diego, as his coffin was being moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery , SEAL's were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's,
    with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike 's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin.

The forty-five slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it.

This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero.

This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day. Since the media won't make this news, I'll share it. Rest In Peace Mike.
    Attached Images

Re: Anybody seen this, need to see............

the pics did not come through will work on that

G3

Comment

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=30228

Well maybe I'll post the link, hows that??

G3

Comment

probably the reason you didn't hear about it was because he died in 2006 and wasn't awarded the medal until 2008.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            probably the reason you didn't hear about it was because he died in 2006 and wasn't awarded the medal until 2008.

steve

Maybe it did happen last year, but did you hear anything of it, did it make the front page, how about the news...............and I'm not just talking about a little blib, something like that should be rung home daily. A man knowingly laid his life down for the life of other men. He was not some of these rip-off lieing white collar bastards that make the news every single day, or some drugged out punk taking others life. It is men like Mr. Monsoor that have what it takes to get the job done, no matter what the expense, and yes he paid heavily. This was an act of courage, honor, bravery, desire, passion and love. If he would have lived through it most probably he would have said he was only doing what needed to be done. My heart goes out to Mr. Monsoor's family for they truly held in heir possession a true hero.

G3

Comment

If you really want to be upset, read "Lone Survivor" by Marcuss Luttrell. You can geneerally find it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-...1563159&sr=8-1

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,376243,00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfK2B...y-seal-mi.html
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Bob, yes the story did make the news. i believe CNN & at least one of the majors. BTW he died in 2006

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I get a lot of these, so-called "never on the news" stories and on further investigation I find such stories have been in the news and many of us have just missed it. Certainly such stories are heartfelt and should be posted for the recognition that they deserve.

What I don't understand is why the originator felt it necessary to take away from this tribute, by making it sound like the various News organizations (and often the government) have conspired to NOT show it!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      I get a lot of these, so-called "never on the news" stories and on further investigation I find such stories have been in the news and many of us have just missed it. Certainly such stories are heartfelt and should be posted for the recognition that they deserve.

What I don't understand is why the originator felt it necessary to take away from this tribute, by making it sound like the various News organizations (and often the government) have conspired to NOT show it!

CWS

If you are calling me the original poster or even if you are not, how in the HELL are you trying to say I am taking away from his tribute. If you will notice I posted it here for all to see and did not say one word negative about it, just praises for the man. I surely do not remember hearing of it on the news, and did not see it posted here either. Nothing was said that the news was trying to hold it back, but did say that I am tired of seeing the crap and negative stories in the news over and over. The people that deserve recognition never receive it and the trash that should be in jail or just written off are front page news almost everyday. Do you remember seeing this in the news, or did you have to go looking for it after it was posted here or somewhere else?? Any human that would willing lay their life down for another is surely a stand up kind of person and my hat would be off to them. Maybe it is old news, just some poor fella that got blown away in a far off land, no sweat off your brow, right?? think again.

CWSmith I do not know you or any of your background, you may have been in the service or not. Surely you can take this to heart and think about it before you respond and flame me.

G3

Comment

G3,

First and foremost, let me apologize to you as I certainly didn't mean to slight you or the story in any way. Obviously I didn't word it in a manner that clearly pointed away from you. I didn't consider "you" to be the originator of the story in any way. In fact, I figured you were a sensitive and thoughtful guy who wanted to let us know of this kind and worthy recognition of a true hero's passing. I appreciated the story and your posting of it.

If you note my statement. " Certainly such stories are heartfelt and should be posted for the recognition that they deserve."

There are many such stories and certainly they should all be posted. But my point was that opening a story with: "Did you see it in the news??? Did you read about it in the newspaper?? Did you hear about it by radio??? Why Not! Just guess!!!!" makes the post sound like there is some conspiracy by the news media to keep us all from knowing of such patriotic actions. Personally I don't feel that statement has anything to do with heroism or the highly respectful action of the honor guard. Therefore why did the originator feel they had to start out by focusing on the suspicion that an attmept was made by the media to keep the story from us.

Perhaps you don't agree with me, and that's okay too. But my point was in no way to "flame" you for the posting.

Have a great day!

CWS

Comment

I did not see this on the News, and I'm glad it was posted here. Brave man who deserved to be honored. Thanks for the post. One last comment though, in my opinion the media is biased. Fair and balanced is hard to find, maybe somewhere between the two extremes?
                          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-06-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

The media were busy counting bodies trying to get us out of there. Instead of praising the Heroes. For some reason we can't do both.

I guess if you hold up heroes then it glorifies what they do but the media was against our efforts in Iraq. They did not and do not understand that it kept us safe here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                              The media were busy counting bodies trying to get us out of there. Instead of praising the Heroes. For some reason we can't do both.

I guess if you hold up heroes then it glorifies what they do but the media was against our efforts in Iraq. They did not and do not understand that it kept us safe here in the US.
                              I'm not too happy with our prolonged occupation in Iraq either but it seems hard to say that without being called unpatriotic or ignorant. We have hosted the useless U.N. for way too long, lost thousands of brave Americans as we stood alone, and now we argue among ourselves while dangerous dictators prepare our demise.I don't agree that our actions in iraq kept us safe here, once sadam and his buddies were taken out the war should have been waged in afghanistan. Better yet, with north korea, iran and venezuela calling us out why are we not dropping bombs instead of sacrificing American lives? How many more of our enemies need to acquire nuclear capability? This is not World War ll, too many lives lost or ruined, not acceptable and that does not make me a traitor. Step up and defend those brave lives and don't confuse their sacrifice with poor judgement on the part of our government! Praise the heroes, better yet keep them here and let them live.
                              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-06-2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X