X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR 1913, or my last vote as a democrat

I don't know why democrats insisted on including pedophiles in the hate crimes bill, but I really don't care. I usually vote for the person and not the party, but now that's all changed. If this bill becomes law and includes pedophiles, the democratic party will never receive my vote again. I hold no malice aganst homosexuals, consenting adults who are in charge of their mental faculties are free to choose their sexual orientation. I do not believe pedophiles are entitled to further protections under our laws, and I beleive there is a distinct difference between Homosexuals, and pedophiles who prey upon children. This is the last straw!

Re: HR 1913, or my last vote as a democrat

H.R. 1913 provides federal funding and assistance from the Department of Justice for local and state law enforcement agencies, or where local authorities are unwilling or unable to act, by taking the lead in investigations and prosecutions of bias-motivated, violent crimes resulting in death or serious bodily injury. The legislation also makes grants available to state and local communities to combat violent crimes committed by juveniles, train law enforcement officers or assist in state and local investigations and prosecutions of bias-motivated crimes.
    A 2007 Hart Research poll shows large majorities of every major subgroup of the American electorate – including such traditionally conservative groups as Republican men and evangelical Christians – expressing support for strengthening hate crimes laws.
    These eighteen Republican legislators voted in support of H.R. 1913, and the thousands of Log Cabin Republican members across the nation thank them for their support, and encourage the Senate to act swiftly to pass this legislation as well.
    Judy Biggert of Illinois, Mary Bono-Mack of California, Joseph Cao of Louisiana, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Mike Castle of Delaware, Mike Coffman of Colorado, Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, Lincoln Diaz-Balart of Florida, Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida, Rodney Frelinghuysen of New Jersey, Jim Gerlach of Pennsylvania, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Leonard Lance of New Jersey, Frank LoBiondo of New Jersey, Todd Platts of Pennsylvania, Dave Reichert of Washington, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida, and Greg Walden of Oregon.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I don't understand what I even copied, or what you're saying frankiearmz.

Someone give me a cliff's notes on wtf this is all about.

Just from a quick view.....they are going to protect these types even more?
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar, you can probably get better examples of the damage including pedophiles into this bill will cause by checking out the Internet. I understand it to mean that pedophiles will get unusual protections and rights that were meant to be afforded to otherwise law abiding folks who were the victims of hate crimes. In other words, instead of exterminating these maggots we are elevating them in the eyes of society.

Comment

....and why are they called Log Cabin Republicans?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            ....and why are they called Log Cabin Republicans?
            According to their website,[7] the California group initially proposed to name themselves Lincoln Club, but found that name was already in use by another California Republican organization[5]. Thus, an alternate name was chosen that still invoked the memory of President Lincoln: Log Cabin Republicans.

Comment

my 9th. grade Civics teacher had a different definition

Comment

Gays never bothered or scared me, so I see no reason to attack or insult them. Pedophiles need to be imprisoned or exterminated before they destroy lives. In my opinion they do not deserve further protections under the law. Just wrote to the Democratic party and let them know they lost a potential voter for life.

Comment

I with you Frankie but I haven't read the full print of this proposal yet but it looks like more Hate Crime Legislation that won't make it out of the Senate.

How does this bill protect pedophiles? It expands data collection and reporting requirements for hate crimes and that's got to be a good thing...right?

edumacate me

Comment

I with you Frankie but I haven't read the full print of this proposal yet but it looks like more Hate Crime Legislation that won't make it out of the Senate.

How does this bill protect pedophiles? It expands data collection and reporting requirements for hate crimes and that's got to be a good thing...right?

edumacate me
                    There are plenty of sites that show it in detail, but basically since it is designed to deter and punish hate crimes, the penalties would be very serious. In other words lashing out against a pedophile who groped your child would have you face federal offenses! IT's like making pedophiles an endangered species which unfortunately they are not. Get informed, in my opinion peophiles do not by any stretch of the imagination deserve to be included in his law.

Comment

It expands data collection and reporting requirements for hate crimes and that's got to be a good thing...right?
                      I have a problem with hate crimes legislation. We should punish actions not intent. If the punishment for the action isn't harsh enough, then it needs to be increased in general not with a "hate crimes enhancement."

Comment

I don't understand why some people are more important than others. Murder is murder rape is rape assault is assault what difference does it make to whom or why.

Is it somehow less of a crime to kill.. straight white non religious men.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                          I don't understand why some people are more important than others. Murder is murder rape is rape assault is assault what difference does it make to whom or why.

Is it somehow less of a crime to kill.. straight white non religious men.
                          I used to ask the same question, but I now think certain people either deserve or need better protection through harsher punishment for crimes against them. Take police officers for instance. they put their lives on the line for us and it must be clear that anyone who tries to harm or kill them must suffer the most severe consequences. In the case of purposeful crimes against people based on their sex, religion, race or some other such reason the law is used to deter that behavior . Still, it would be nice in a perfect world if those who rape and kill don't get a second chance no matter who the victim happens to be!

Comment

Working...
                          X