X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your choice of cell phone?

Looking to buy a new phone, which one do you like? For those that have those touch and blackberry phones, are they worth it? I was looking at the motorola tundra, it got the best rating at CR.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Your choice of cell phone?

Depends on your specific needs, what environments wil you be working and playing in? Get insurance to protect against loss, theft or damage. If there is one that will survive a dunk in water (toilet) might be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Looking to buy a new phone, which one do you like? For those that have those touch and blackberry phones, are they worth it? I was looking at the motorola tundra, it got the best rating at CR.
      I got T Mobile and never get droped calls but every area is prob differant. I got blackberry and its great if u need important emails cause it will notify u like a text would.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I phone, the last word in mostly useless gadgets
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I phone, the last word in mostly useless gadgets

That's what I have!
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Who is it....Okie,Herk...Who's got the Fandangled screen phone gadget in an "Otter Box".That looked cool.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Who is it....Okie,Herk...Who's got the Fandangled screen phone gadget in an "Otter Box".That looked cool.

Boy was I way off.
              It was NYSEWERMAN with a Blackberry in an Otter Box.

Comment

ben. look into boost mobil unlimited plan. $50 a month out the door for everything. everything.

plus you can eithr buy a boost phone or for $10 convert any nextel phone.

look into the nextel i590

we can beep, beep each other. and if adam ever learns how to beep beep

we can have a threesome

you've been gone for a while. i saved them for you

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I still use my Blackberry Curve. no Otter box yet, though too many more days of covering for our service guy and i'll have to buy one. I'm not sure that they are rated for lysol baths.

My blackberry keeps track of all of my appointments, birthdays, several hundred contacts, and has a qwerty keyboard, which I absolutely require.

on the downside they don't hold up well if they hit the pavement more than a few times, so I pay for the insurance.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

As a telecom engineer... I have the iphone. The radio in it blows, in truth, but with each software release, it gets better.

Buying decision was as follows:

I travel internationally for work, so I need a proper network, not US-only. So that's Verizon & Sprint out. Leaving T-Mobile and AT&T. I have experience of T-Mobile, so the network choice is AT&T.

What's the best phone they have? The iPhone.

I also use Macs, so it was an easy choice.

Comment

More about the phone
                      I love mine. Set up all my appointment with customers inside the calednar which I syncy with Usb cable to my Microsot Outlook calendar. I love taking good quality pictures with it and just insert the sd card that's in the phone in my laptop.

I love the big screen when I access the internet and Google Maps which I never use.

Enter your zip here to see how you would be covered

I pay $260 for $3000 shared minutes, unlimted txt messaging, they gave me free internet on the phone cause I have one of the highest plans, and I USE their sprint broadband card which is like $60 a month and that gets me internet in the van. So $260 is for eveything..
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

+1 for the Blackberry Curve. Not that impressed with the touch from what I've seen.

Comment

Just an update. I ended up staying with cingular because the wif had the iphone and will not part with it. If she didn't have this, I would've gone with Rick's choice of booster mobile along with the i580 as it appears to be a great choice. But I went with the motorola tundra (cingular) and really like the phone. Here's my initial take on the phone.

Pro's
                          -top rated by CR. But the i580 and verizon boulder weren't tested.
                          -simple, big key buttons.
                          -seems extremly durable, meets mil spec
                          -camera has zoom and takes good pics
                          -has sd card for photos
                          -feels like a real phone
                          -good sound even in windy conditions
                          -walkie talkie capable but costs extra

Con's
                          -big, twice the size of my old razr
                          -external antenna making it hard to prop the phone on the right side
                          -camera has no flash
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I just got a blackberry curve- in pink So far so good!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I just got iPhones for Chris and I and we love them. We too have Otter Boxes on the way for them.

I am not sure we need them though. These phones are far more durable than originally thought.

Extremely handy and easy to keep clean. There are so many useful business apps that we are using.

Chris turns in all his hours on it and i charge credit cards through it in merely seconds! The camera is awesome and has a zoom. No flash though. i am sure someone will come out with an attachable one for it soon.

We both had BlackBerry Curves and were a little scared to switch from that platform but we are sooooo glad we did. Our Blackberry's were only a year old and were already having major issues.

The iPhone is a great business addition to our company so far. I do still carry a nextel for the 2 way feature as many contractors we work for have them still. I rarely use it and never carry it on my hip anymore though.
                              www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
                              X