X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Site Radio

I got the radio a few months ago. It works great on any of my batteries, but when the battery goes and I try the cord it will not turn on. If I put a newly charged battery it works, turn it off and plug it in it will not turn on. But if it sits, say over night, I can plug it in fine. Is there some special sequence to get the a/c power to work after the battery dies? The manual was not helpful on the matter.

Re: Job Site Radio

Bring it back with the receipt, get a new one.

Comment

This is what happens to radios on my jobsite.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        This is what happens to radios on my jobsite.
        That's funny, my employer is just the opposite. Without a radio, he usually goes a little nuts.

Comment

This has worked for years for me. Small, not much juice used, and doesn't annoy others.

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks tailgunner, HD took it back without a hitch. New one works as is should.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              This has worked for years for me. Small, not much juice used, and doesn't annoy others.

J.C.
              WHAT?! You mean you don't fire up the boom box with Mexican oompah oompah music so loud that even the neighbors can hear it?
              I had some flooring installed recently, I walked in the door and the crew were rockin it like it was cinco da mayo. My wife was hunkered down in the opposite end of the house with the TV cranked up.

Comment

i don't care for loud music on a work site. i consider it a safety hazard. can't hear any warnings.

in fact, i can't listen to loud music and drive at the same time. i gotta hear the vehicle and the surrounding traffic.

i tell my kids to hear what's going on around them when they listen to their ipods. especially around here. we have to step into the middle of the road to let the snowmobile by. but that's only if there isn't a ATV barrelling down the street.

i'm just a little big about situational awareness.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                  WHAT?! You mean you don't fire up the boom box with Mexican oompah oompah music so loud that even the neighbors can hear it?
                  I had some flooring installed recently, I walked in the door and the crew were rockin it like it was cinco da mayo. My wife was hunkered down in the opposite end of the house with the TV cranked up.
                  Well DUH! According to your profile, you are in So Cal. Those Mexicans have more deportant things to worry about than a little noise on a jobsite.
                  Bleh, that's why I live on THIS side of the continent, most everyone speaks english, and works.

Oh, and to answer the question in your avatar:
                  Man's law of bathroom survival; If it came from a tree, it can be used as toilet paper. Cut the cardbord roll along it's length, you got yourself a sheet!
                  Last edited by tailgunner; 05-17-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Geez, talk about pick on the new guy...I use it for podcasts of Dave Ramsey. I mainly build decks and fences with one other person on the weekend. I am not building skyscrapers with it blasting at full volume.

Comment

Originally posted by arwood View Post
                      Geez, talk about pick on the new guy...I use it for podcasts of Dave Ramsey. I mainly build decks and fences with one other person on the weekend. I am not building skyscrapers with it blasting at full volume.
                      Get thicker quicker. So you can REALLY get picked on.

I listen to talk radio too on my little radio.

J.C.

Comment

10-4

Comment

Working...
                        X