N-E one into guns here ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N-E one into guns here ?

Back around the mid 80s I bought a brand new .303 at a gun show for $49. Took it home and stripped it down. cut off all unnesc. wood, welded a couple steel blocks on top with the sights removed and mounted a scope. Have it zeroed in @200y and use it for deer hunting in open field areas. In the woods I use a Marlin 30/30 with iron sights. I rabbit hunt with a Browning lever action 22.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      would someone please explain the rationale/fascination so many people have with firearms.
      No different than golfclubs or sportscars, it's a hobby.
      It just happens to be a hobby that a lot of people misunderstand.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

would someone please explain the rationale/fascination so many people have with firearms.
        For me, in addition to the shooting sports I am involved in, I have a fascination with the mechanics of a firearm. It is just like watch collecting or anything else.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For me it was a tool of the trade, I was a professional soldier.

The other attraction is bayonet drill. Lots of frustration worked out with that little exercise!

Comment

Yeah I shoot a Browning X-Bolt .300 WSM for mostly moose, I also got a 12 gauge Mossberg that I use for deer. I used to have a Winchester model 70 carbine in .270 but i gave it to my dad when i bought my 300. I also shoot a 20 for ruffed and spruce grouse. My favorite cals are .270, .270 WSM, .300 WSM, and 30-06, even though the 270 and 30-06 are basically the same (And the WSM calibers get you about 200 more fps plus a shorter cartridge meaning shorter bolt throw)

Comment

Let's see , for starters It helps to have something between Your legs .
              It's a Guy thing ,Most times.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Got some new toys

1935 Russian Tokarev TT-33
                1944 M44

Comment

45-70 Govt. 187?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some of you guys have some nice Russian pieces... I kind of want to start a collection, though I think I should start small. I want to get a Russian Makarov pistol or a remake of one, though don't know the best place to look. Any suggestions on where to start?

Comment

Yull shoot your eye out!
                      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I didn't say I wanted a Red Ryder BB gun. I had a pellet gun as a kid and still have both eyes intact

Comment

The new toy

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Let's see , for starters It helps to have something between Your legs .
                            It's a Guy thing ,Most times.
                            Don't tell my wife that!

We have about a dozen between the two of us, mostly used for hunting, when you live in the remote mountains of Montana, guns are a good thing to have as our neighbors sometimes stand 9 feet tall and are covered with brown grizzled hair, have big sharp teeth and long claws!

Last edited by MtMountains; 06-25-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Can someone explain anyone who's not fascinated by guns?

Comment

Working...
                              X