Kablamo !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kablamo !

Came across this scene this morning but couldn't stop to take a pic. On the way back a couple hours later, the electric company was there to replace the pole.

Hard to believe but the only thing protecting those NG transmission lines is a chain link fence, and from the angle that this car came from, a unlucky (or maybe lucky) electric pole. Had it not been for the pole, the car might have hit one of those pipes and then as Homer would say;

"KABLAMO !"

Name:  12173d88b4c53b952d644b950502f5b5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  55.4 KB

This is a county road but heavily traveled in the morning and after work. Easily over 1500 cars, trucks, and school busses on average per day.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 05-12-2009, 01:46 PM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Kablamo !

I'd hate to be around if someone did hit those and rupture them!
    Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
    I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
    My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Re: Kablamo !

A wooden bollard, like in the good old days.

Comment

Working...
      X