X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarks?

Have those little Bookmarks always been at the bottom of a thread?

I hadn't noticed if they have been.

J.C.

Re: Bookmarks?

I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Have those little Bookmarks always been at the bottom of a thread?

I hadn't noticed if they have been.

J.C.
      Nope. I think they recently got added when all the Ridgid social networking got added to the forum (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

J.C.'s always paying attention. (That one's gonna' bite me in the azz.)

It frustrates me some on the forum when the Ridgid automatic posts "OverTwitter or OverFacebook."

Would like in a more gathered form in one post. Maybe just me though.

Off subject. Sorry. I do like the Bookmarks.

J.C.
        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 05-15-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Seems like a form of advertising to me. I don't see the point. Josh????

Comment

Alright... Ill try to explain the new additions.

All the new sections that have the automatic updates come directly from when ProBrand types in his blogs or when one of us uploads a video to youtube, etc. Its a way for us to push new updates about the company or products into the forum instead of posting them in 5 different places.

Are the updates annoying you guys?

The bookmarks are not advertising. They are set up to enable social bookmarking. Some of you may have accounts on one of the bookmarking indexes listed. It allows you to bookmark threads that you think are extra relevant and you want to keep around.

99% of you probably will never use the bookmarking links. For those of you who like using the social stuff its good for you and good for the forum when our threads get bookmarked.

Its for all the youngsters... and too keep you guys as up to date with everything going on as possible.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

All the new sections that have the automatic updates come directly from when ProBrand types in his blogs or when one of us uploads a video to youtube, etc. Its a way for us to push new updates about the company or products into the forum instead of posting them in 5 different places.

The bookmarks are not advertising. They are set up to enable social bookmarking. Some of you may have accounts on one of the bookmarking indexes listed. It allows you to bookmark threads that you think are extra relevant and you want to keep around.

99% of you probably will never use the bookmarking links. For those of you who like using the social stuff its good for you and good for the forum when our threads get bookmarked.

Its for all the youngsters... and too keep you guys as up to date with everything going on as possible.

Josh

Nope, not at all.

Thanks for the add btw, I believe you all are following both of my twitter accounts.

The bottom line with this social networking is that it works. When I started off with my Dunbar Plumbing account, it sat invisible until I typed in "plumbing" in who I'm looking for.

I added every single one that caught that search word and in 5 days I went from 6 followers to 500+ at this point and it's growing.

I know for a fact that you can drive traffic to your website; I put a link up in regards to heat related injuries with my fan company and instantly the page jumped to 10 guests. If even 1 viewing person decides to bookmark the site given they appreciated/found the content useful, it's certainly worth playing the game.

This falls back to the Pepsi/Coke theory,

Even newborn child fresh from the womb know these two products exist, or they will once they wean themselves from the almighty great breast milk!

But there's more than a million reasons why they keep making sure they put their brand in front of you, consistently in every venue of advertising out there. It's that repetitiveness that brings accountability and insurance that you have a product you can trust, buy me and I you'll enjoy.

At least that's my take on this social networking thing, and I'm playing it because it's an edge over my competition who doesn't.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh
                Only when a bunch are thrown in at once. This is maybe just me, I think it would be better to for it to have it's own section at the top but not post in new posts.

Have it automatically show when it was last updated so anyone could immediately see that something is new news. All of the Twitter & Facebook threads are right there. So if you check out a new one it might lead you quickly to another product, section or news.

J.C.

Comment

Should only be one post a day moving forward.

One nice thing is all the vids are all in one section.

Josh

Comment

I've already forgotten they're there.

Comment

Working...
                    X