Nancy Pelosi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nancy Pelosi

I don't like Obama, but he got elected by the majority of the voters. Pelosi is a freakshow, elected by a freakshow district. Blecchh.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Try not to get too caught up with pelosi and the octomom because they are diversions just like the OJ trial and the rest of the junk passed off as News. The News should be bailouts and stimulus do not work, we need big changes and we need them NOW!

I agree with Frankiearmz. I can't count the number of times I have seen errors on construction sites. What do you do? You make an exceptionally obvious, but easier to fix error, near the difficult to fix error and most of the time the inspector will only pick out the obvious error and tell you to fix it. Diversion!

The same thing is happening here. Pelosi is a diversion away from the bailouts and stimulus packages that aren't working.

Tom

Comment

This is a little off topic, but truly on....

But that woman has a large chest.

I know, I know... nothing political about it...but it hurts to look at her face so that was the next best thing. Slacks tell me nothing.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I think she's a BOOB so that's not really off topic for me

Comment

Hey Frankie, speaking of the spot light. How about the whole swine flue thing? About a hundred folks die in this country every day of the regular flue. Think that was all a smokescreen?
            sigpic

Comment

Typical. Repeat a lie long enough and maybe you will even start to believe it yourself. (Jeez, I can't believe they are still beating that wmd/bush-cheney lied horse).
              Torture would be something more akin to what the Muslims do to their prisoners, you know, chop off a finger or two, feed you your own testicles, and maybe for the coup de grace saw off your head with a dull saw blade and film it for show and tell at your kids school.
              How bad could water boarding be, I mean, our own special forces do it to themselves for training.
              As for Republicans not being able to get elected...let's hope they don't, that is if they put forth people like they did in the last election.
              It is cyclical, though. As soon as the average American gets tired of the Dems hypocrisy and the inevitable tax increases they will vote out the incumbents and in with the new.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Hey Frankie, speaking of the spot light. How about the whole swine flue thing? About a hundred folks die in this country every day of the regular flue. Think that was all a smokescreen?
                Yes, whether it is the media working alone (I know I sound paranoid) or the government pushing them, seems plenty of folks were drooling for this to happen. Now we have "One" reported death in our area, and while I feel bad for the man and his family this is not uncommon with the normal strain! If this event die down and out soon, they will drag up some other end of the world event to distract us while our country and economy weaken.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                  This is a little off topic, but truly on....

But that woman has a large chest.

I know, I know... nothing political about it...but it hurts to look at her face so that was the next best thing. Slacks tell me nothing.
                  So does Martha Stewart, but there's something evil behind those ample breasts.

Comment

Hey Lenny, you really do drink the kool-aid don't you

Do all your research on MSNBC and the NY times?

Typical and expected lock step Democrat response, blame Bush for everything.
                    sigpic

Comment

Really Sean? Watergate? That Pelosi may have lied about being briefed on the illegal torture tactics being used by the opposing party which then-controlled the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court is of the same scale and magnitude as the President of the United States authorizing a burglary of the opposing party's headquarters in an effort to rig a presidential election and then covering-up this illegal act? You see Sean, this is why no one takes Republicans seriously, and why you guys can't get elected anymore.

Cant get elected because we've dumbed down our children for so many years that expect the government to do everything for them.They no longer think critically they just accept was they see on TV s the truth and never consider that there might be more. Our children are being raised by women who are emotional before logical nobody tells them that life is tough. Don't do anything you don't want to do. Dont work at a job that makes you sweat. You are special even though you have done nothing... you deserve the life of celebrity You can be Paris Hilton. Except that most folks are not rich. So they expect the government to provide everything they want including luxuries. Eventually you can't get them to show up for work. When you get enough of them it starts to eat away at the economy. They can't afford the house payment so Uncle Sam has to help out.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has moved front and center in his harsh criticism of Pelosi:

"I think this is the most despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort I've seen in my lifetime...I think Speaker Pelosi's in enormous trouble. I think that lying to the country on national security matters and lying to the House is a very, very dangerous thing to have done."

And if it's one thing Gingrich is an expert on it's lying. Just ask his first wife, on whom he cheated while she lay suffering from cancer. What's more "despicable, dishonest and vicious" than that? But when it comes to politics, Gingrich, like many other high-ranking Republicans, suffers from selective memory and blatant double-standards.

So what you are criticizing his personal life talk about the double standard. President Clinton had who knows how many affairs but since he wants to give people money for nothing he is ok. Its ok to cheat on a healthy wife just not one with Cancer (John Edwards).

Note to Newt: Bush and Cheney lied to America for eight years about national security matters, and perpetrated countless war crimes, and have yet to be punished. Wanna talk about what's truly dangerous? How about lying about WMD and terrorist connections so you can justify invading Iraq, which has resulted in 4300 U.S. troop deaths and tens of thousands of other fatalities, not to mention the hundreds of thousands maimed and wounded. Where's your self-righteous outrage on all that, Newt? Spare us the sanctimony. And be careful what you wish for. Just as the unprecedented personal war you and your band of 1990's 'revolutionaries' waged on Bill Clinton forever changed the tenor of politics and backfired massively on Republicans, so too shall the Pelosi Crucifixion.

He never lied you are lying if you say you know for sure he did.
                      We were attacked and he defended us. War is hell!

It's actually fun to watch and listen as Republicans sink their teeth into the Pelosi scandal. They're a beaten, battered, disenchanted, delusional lot who see Pelosi's foot-in-mouth disease as their ticket back to power. As if the alleged actions of one Democrat is enough to bring down the entire party in the 2010 midterms. Forget the fact that, even if it's true that she lied, who gives a ****? is this really a story? Again, if she lied, she should be punished. And if the Obama administration eventually prosecutes those who knew of and/or authorized illegal torture tactics, then she too should be prosecuted. But the bigger story here, the real story, for Pete's-****ing-sake, is how these blood-thirsty Republicans seem to be forgetting just what the hell Pelosi may have been lying about in the first place.

The problem is that Democrats think that they re some how better than Republicans because they are more ethical and moral. Pelosi knew that CIA was using those techniques to get information. She just did n't want any one to think she thought it was the right thing to do at the time. Eww... She agreed with the iccky Republicans.

Comment

"He never lied you are lying if you say you know for sure he did.
                        We were attacked and he defended us.
                        "

It might be funny, if it weren't so sad. How do you figure he defended us? Bin Laden was NOT in Iraq. (Or do you still believe that early Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeldt propaganda?) All intelligent reports that I recall hearing of pointed to Afganistan. The Iraq war was a separate issue and one which had serious questions by most of our military leaders because of inconclusive intelligence.

There was no Al Quida in Iraq, no record of it, no political reason for it. Politically and strategically, about the last thing Saddam would have wanted and allowed was to have terrorists in his domain. His secret police would have surely routed them out and destroyed them, as they were as much a threat to his power as they were to the United States.

The situation with Bush was more of his own agenda and that of acquiring an oil rich allie in which he considered an un-finished war. The American people (and most of the democratic world) empowered the Bush administration to go after the terrorists that attacked us. All intelligence at the time pointed to Bin Laden's existance in Afganistan, where he was a guest of the Taliban. The Taliban were NOT allies of Iraq and were an enemy of Saddam Hussein; again, for the threat that they would have presented to his regime and its stranglehold on Iraq.

So instead of following the objective, which was to get Bin Laden, the fabulous four (Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld) set about to direct their attack on Iraq. That is contrary to the military objective warranted by the 9/11 attack and it flys in the face of protecting and defending the American people and directing a focused counter-attack against what all reliable intelligence pointed to. If any of those leaders had been in uniform, I believe they would have found themselves before a military court with the charge of dereliction of duty.

So here we are, nine year later. Twice as long as it took to overcome the Nazi's superior war machine, destroy Japan's Imperial Navy. Longer than it took to steamship supplies across a Nazi dominated North Atlantic and build up enough strength in England for an eventual invasion of Europe. Longer than it took to walk across North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France and all of Europe and island hop our way across the Pacific in the most fearsome fighting that our military has ever faced.

If you truly believe that "he defended us"... well, I doubt that anything that I could say, or that you could read would change your mind. I'm afraid that History is already looking at this period and it sure isn't pretty.

"Pelosi knew that CIA was using those techniques to get information."

Really? I suppose you were there. I don't know if she's lying or the CIA was, and frankly I don't really care. At this point it doesn't make a lot of differance. I've been a Republican all of my voting life (going all the way back to Barry Goldwater), but I gotta tell you that "little Bush" was the first Republican NOT to get my vote. There was very little in his history that was worthy of anyone's vote. With much sorrow, his eight years in office has proven that my votes against him were correct.

What is pathetic though, is the Rovian way of accusing the opposition of the very failures that the Republican administration presented. After overwhelmingly sweeping the Democrats into office, the Republican party doesn't appear to have learned anything. They are still pointing fingers and displaying all the partizenship that they can muster. Where in the world do you find people who think that "knowing of" is anywhere close to being complicent. We blame the Democrats for "voting for", but we seem to want to ignore the fact that the presentation of facts (to get those votes) were in many cases fabricated, falsified, and just plain "left out" of any truths that might be counter to the objectives of the administration's war planning. Also we seem to want to forget that this past Bush Administration was the most secretive and deceitful of any administration in recorded history. With that, how can anyone not wonder if perhaps Nancy didn't get a true picture or perhaps didn't get the picture at all. Now she's being accused and asked to prove she didn't know. How can you prove that someone didn't tell you what they said they told you? It seems to me, with something as important as interrogation issues and the legalities of torture techniques, the Bush administration would have wanted signed statements from all involved in the approval. So, either they are dumber than dumb or the whole truth is not in evidence. So on the contrary to the today's Republican demands... let's see some documentation that proves Nancy or anyone so accused WAS TOLD and that there is SIGNED acknowledgement!

On one hand, Republicans want to point out that dear Nancy doesn't have the intelligence to come in out of the rain, and then they tell us that she fully comprehends and was duplicidous in every detail of the issue. But really, her knowledge of the details of torturous interogation does not in any way make it acceptable and for an administration to try to make everything okay, by pointing across the isle and saying "don't blame me, they knew about it too!" is just plain childish; and, even if all the Democrats knew, they were NOT the party in power.

So, let me ask you simply, if you steal all of the cookies and your little sister knows about it, is she the one to blame for the act and the one who should be punished?

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 05-18-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Have another on me boys
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

My computer crashed this morning, but it's nice to see things have not gotten out of hand. Politicians "deny", some married men "cheat" and here we are defending and accusing. These folks are smart and slick, hard to know for sure who is being truthful. I don't know for sure why President Bush took down sadaam and his sons but I'm glad they are gone, sorry we had to lose so many brave Americans in the process. I would give the president the benefit of the doubt although bin laden was not pursued. Still bothers me that for all his efforts to "Free" the people of iraq and all our sacrifice, the lowlife leader of iran gets the red carpet welcome and President Bush comes in under the cover of darkness and has a shoe thrown at him ( an insult to all of us!). I voted democrat because I was not pleased with what seemed to be the republican agenda, but I am not at all pleased with the results including pelosi and her group. Billions spent on wars, trillions given to irresponsible and corrupt businesses, and we are no closer in my opinion to a stable economy. When? When will our borders be secure? When will we stop rewarding the third world and communist china, and start making what we consume? When will we the people get the representation we were promised? Americans can't continue to buy houses, cars and rack up credit card debt without jobs, jobs that pay to sustain the level of consumer consumption our few industries and the rest of the world need.

Comment

I have fallen into a "covenant of love" with nancy pelosi and martha stewart, together.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                                Hey Lenny, you really do drink the kool-aid don't you

Do all your research on MSNBC and the NY times?

Typical and expected lock step Democrat response, blame Bush for everything.

No, I get my news from several different sources but find I agree mostly with liberal views. I also enjoy Republican Kool-Aid when it comes to gun rights, offshore drilling, nuclear power, but little else. Republicans are a$$ backwards on social issues especially but also taxes.

Check the top of my previous post, I did not write the post, I pasted an article from another source, I just happen to agree with most of what is said.

Hannity, on FAUX News, was particularly good the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeMuDN9Ewyc

P.S. I must have drank some Ventura Kool-Aid, because I think he's right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKY2O4KFmMU
                                Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X