Eat where you've worked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat where you've worked?

Wife wanted to eat at a chinese buffet tonight. I've worked there before clearing some drains and after seeing the inside of the kitchen, had to say no. Did any of your favorite resturants suprise you after you saw the kitchen
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Eat where you've worked?

This happens quite a bit. There are some buffets type places here that my in laws like to go to. After clearing the drains I have been suggesting other restaurants.

Comment

Yes,
      we don't go to our favorite Japanese restaurant anymore. Red Lobster can be tough, too. They are clean, but they leave the garbage piled up at the backdoor overnight, for safety reasons, and most of our work is at night, so the seafood stench is in my nostrils all night. We don't go there as a family now. I make them feed me if I am there on an emergency call at night, but that's it.

Comment

Sure,

I used to eat where I worked

Comment

Any time I work at a fast food place, it is many, many months before I can eat there again. The only clean restaurants I have seen are the local sandwich shops I work at. I eat free at one of them most times.

Comment

Most of the time, No. Every once in a while one will suprise me in a good way.

As a whole, I don't think they are as bad as they used to be, but still bad!

I think it should be a law that all customers have to walk through the kitchen before they sit down to eat. then the kitchens might get cleaned on a regular basis.

Comment

I've been through a many commercial kitchens, food store basements and other stores that sell meat and fish. I eat at home! Roasting pans with food sitting on the floor because they have no counter space or broken refridgeration, raw sewerage, insect and rodent infestation. Let's not forget the sick and or filthy folks serving you your food! Dorothy said it best "There's No Place Like Home".

Comment

To avoid this dilemma, I make it a point NOT to work where I like to eat

Comment

for the most part no.

One of my customers used to be Lay's packing house, and after working in there it was hard to eat bologna or hot dogs for several weeks.

G3

Comment

Working...
                  X