X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest piece

the inuit invented sun glasses a couple of thousand years to prevent snow blindness during the spring time when the snow gets a cover of ice.

i can attest that it gets very bright up here. blindingly bright.

i'm always trying to figure ways of recycling things that people throw away when they no longer have a use for it.

i call these "modern eskimo sun glasses".

i used an old stainless steel thermos, an old but good shoe lace, a string lock from one of my of fleeces (not feces), and the plastic rim comes from a coax cable that i super glued in place.

when i first made these goggles i was a little sceptical about the effectiveness of these considering the technology we enjoy today. so i made a comparison with and without the goggles and i have to admit, they take the glare away and everything is in it's true colour (color).

Vince
    Attached Files

Re: My latest piece

I bet you look like Geordi LaForge with those on!

Comment

Originally posted by gusty60 View Post
      I bet you look like Geordi LaForge with those on!
      that's funny!!

i said the same thing last night when i finished them.

Vince

are you a trekkie?

i call my first born #1. he smiles.

Comment

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Snow blindness for those in So. Cal. has nothing to do with Colombian powders.

Comment

I saw a wood pare for sale in Alaska. I should have bought them cause it's one of those strange things I saw over 14 years ago and I still think about them. Maybe I'll take up wood carving and make a pair.

Comment

You will have to excuse me but I am from Louisiana and this might be a stupid question but.............. What is snow?????

Comment

Kudos for recycling - and the glasses look great.
                Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer1 View Post
                  this might be a stupid question but.............. What is snow?????
                  i have the same question. what is snow? also someone mentioned socks the other day. what's up with that?

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

You did a great job! They are very kool. Why not do some mail order?
                    What would You call them? I could see Arnold wearing them in His next movie
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      You did a great job! They are very kool. Why not do some mail order?
                      What would You call them? I could see Arnold wearing them in His next movie
                      thanks tool.

i'm working on getting myself a web page so i can advertise my wears.

in my language we call them "Igaaq" (eegack) which means glasses or window.

i'll have to come up with my own name.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                      X