X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Best Way To Kill Alvin?

I've had it with the chipmunks around here. For years they have been driving me crazy and putting holes everywhere I don't want holes. This is war! Tell me about your best inexpensive way to get rid of these pesky little varmints.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: What's The Best Way To Kill Alvin?

i hope i don't get strung up for this but i've been dealing with arctic ground squirrels up here and i'll tell you they are frick'in persistant.

these particular siksik's are digging condos right through the fuel tank farm spill containment berm here in rankin.

drown them with lots of water and then add a chemical to prevent them from wanting to come back.

Vince

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
        .................................................. ..........................
        then add a chemical to prevent them from wanting to come back.

Vince
        Vince, got any specific chemical in mind? Hurry with your answer as until then I'm just

I really like Tailgunner's idea also however being within the city limits I doubt if I can get away with that.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Rat traps with Peanut butter.

Comment

I feed a stray cat, she stalks and eats the moles which are bordering on epidemic in this area. She's a great cat, you won't find a mole run within 3 houses of mine.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Oh just give them the loving they need. They are so cute and the kids love seeing them.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

BD: It is really as easy as catching walleyes....Oh, I forgot. Maybe you better stick to the "nuke".

Comment

OK Dave, you asked. Take a short ride to the country. pick a barn, any barn and catch yourself a black snake. Let the blacksnake go in your yard. No more Chipmonks, and no more stray cats either. They do bite, but they don't hurt!
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I've got squirrels up the yinyang. Coincidently, I've got a friends dog over as a house guest this weekend. She's a holey terror when it comes to small rodents. I've been letting her out in the yard at intermittent intervals all day. For once I'm driving the little buggers crazy instead of the other way around.

Comment

If I was going to kill chip munks, I would go see a farmer buddy and ask for a coffee can full of insecticide.

I would then stuff some down each hole and chase it with water.

The rest is, errr, would be history.

That's how I'd do it, hypothetically speaking, of course.

Comment

The only chemical you need is this one:

Comment

An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Where's that thread on the moles.

Someone posted a link in there recently to some sort of propane powered device for blasting moles out of their holes.

update: it was a different thread, here it is:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...750#post223750
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

F-16. when it absolutely positively must be killed overnight

whis i still had the picture that came from

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X