Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry about the SPAM this morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry about the SPAM this morning

    And thanks to Mark for cleaning it up. I am constantly trying to adapt our protection against the spambots. Trying something else today (fingers crossed)

  • #2
    Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

    We've only had 5-Spams so far this morning but yesterday we had over 30. What I found interesting is one of the SPAMMERS on this site this morning also SPAMMED PlumbingZone.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

      have you guys ever considered a contest with the forum members that report legit spam?

      Vince

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

        I noticed 6 out of 10 forums I hang out on got hit with the same spam. Also noticed a huge increase in spam in the e-mail account.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

          Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
          have you guys ever considered a contest with the forum members that report legit spam?

          Vince
          So far the leading reporters are:

          Joey
          Joey instructed by Rick
          Woussko
          cpw

          I appreciate everyone's help.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

            Wail Dam, I wus gonna git me sum new tinny shues and sumbodee dun got rid of the post.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

              Several forums I moderate have been clobbered the last few days, and I've been getting a lot more junk mail on my own email.
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

                Originally posted by papadan View Post
                Wail Dam, I wus gonna git me sum new tinny shues and sumbodee dun got rid of the post.
                you are a strange man
                Charlie

                My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

                  Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  So far the leading reporters are:

                  Joey
                  Joey instructed by Rick
                  Woussko
                  cpw

                  I appreciate everyone's help.

                  Mark
                  Must be worse than I thought as I have probably averaged one or two a week myself. Whether those are dupes of others reports or new I am not sure, but many times I come across them within a couple minutes of being posted early in the AM before going to work and that is 5 or 6 AM Eastern Time when youz guyz out West are still (or should be) asleep.
                  "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

                  https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

                    How about transforming links with "nofollow", which will at least make spamming the forum less advantageous.

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_in_blogs#nofollow

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sorry about the SPAM this morning

                      Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Must be worse than I thought as I have probably averaged one or two a week myself. Whether those are dupes of others reports or new I am not sure, but many times I come across them within a couple minutes of being posted early in the AM before going to work and that is 5 or 6 AM Eastern Time when youz guyz out West are still (or should be) asleep.
                      Sorry I should clarify, I am not included on those who are notified via the report button. I only find out through phone calls and PMs.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X