X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INCORRECT PART on MY NEW RD80701 Pressure washer

My new rd80701 is supposed to have a cut-out (as per figure 21 in operator's manual) which the oil can drain through and into recepticle below. my machine has the cut-out but it is under the engine and not where it can serve any function.
    I know that I could cut my own hole or plumb a drain extention line but
    would really just like it to be like the specs. show that it is.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: INCORRECT PART on MY NEW RD80701 Pressure washer

I noticed the same thing. It looks like Ridgid used the same base as last years model that came with an Axial pump. To make the new Cat pump fit on the same shelf they moved the engine over, thus covering the oil drain. Look at the old vs. the new model and you will see what I mean.

Comment

yea..........you're 100% correct.
      I was hoping ridgid would be forced/feel the need to up date the plates for the cat pump models to give us consumers our nice clean drain hole
      cut-out or at least explain to us how sorry they are & how they must 1st use up 10000 preexisting old model plates.

It was easy enough to go to cat & subaru for the pump/engine data.
      Ridgid was as much fun as I anticipated

Are you going to modify your drain set-up?

Steve

Comment

No, I purchased a 3300 ridgid. I wouldn't bother modifing the base with a drain hole. I doubt even the factory drain hole would work with out making a mess! I would suggest making some type of funnel set up to drain the oil.

Good luck!

Comment

On the engine base normally the oil drain uses a standard size threaded pipe plug. Take a look and see if a nipple and cap on the end wouldn't help with draining the oil and not making a grand mess. Be sure to clean the nipple and any fittings before installing them.

Comment

Working...
          X