X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GovTrack

Ever wonder what your representatives are up to? How they spend your money, how they voted on a particular bill, or how many votes they missed altogether because they were "busy" elsewhere?

www.govtrack.us

Check out

H.R. 885: Improved Financial and Commodity Markets Oversight and Accountability Act

H.R. 753: Sewage Overflow Community Right-to-Know Act

H.R. 1591: Fulfilling America's Promise to Our Veterans Act

H.R. 156: Stop the Congressional Pay Raise Act

H.R. 1136: Save Our Small and Seasonal Businesses Act of 2009

H.Res. 483: Supporting the goals and ideals of Veterans of Foreign Wars Day.

H.R. 159: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow an above-the-line deduction against individual income tax for interest on indebtedness and for State and local sales and excise taxes with respect to the purchase of certain motor vehicles.

H.R. 1194: Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act of 2009
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: GovTrack

yes I've wondered, and no I not going to look.

Something in there is bound to pi$$ me off, and I don't feel like being pi$$ed off this morning.

Comment

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
      Will Rogers

Comment

Wartime Contracting

How the Military is spending your tax dollars on overseas construction
        contracts.

Commission on Wartime Contracting - an independent, bipartisan
        Commission on Wartime Contracting to study U.S. wartime contracting
        in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The ACE and CEC should be overseeing these military construction contracts
        and making sure we taxpayers are getting out moneys' worth.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hey my rep is supporting sustainable shrimp farming. We live in the desert here. No Shrimp farms. Talk about taxation without representation

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Ever wonder what your representatives are up to? How they spend your money, how they voted on a particular bill, or how many votes they missed altogether because they were "busy" elsewhere?
            It doesn't matter what they vote for or who you vote for. The big banks rule and the illegal organization called The Federal Reserve. Americans lost their bid for freedoms. So did most nations around the world. We are serfs.
            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
              It doesn't matter what they vote for or who you vote for. The big banks rule and the illegal organization called The Federal Reserve. Americans lost their bid for freedoms. So did most nations around the world. We are serfs.
              The big banks all over the world gambled on those bundled loans and we the American Tax payers are forced to bail them out. I for one am not happy. I think my congressman voted for the bank bail out. I'll have to check.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                The big banks all over the world gambled on those bundled loans and we the American Tax payers are forced to bail them out. I for one am not happy. I think my congressman voted for the bank bail out. I'll have to check.
                It's worse than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N331kGvh0U0

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                  Hey Darius. does recursion have a meaning other than for mathmatics?

Comment

I tend to think of recursion as related to computer science, but the meaning is the same: a function that is defined in terms of itself.

Comment

Yes, that is the source of where I got it from, but in terms of general meaning recursion comes from Latin "recurrere" which is simply "return" and this is how recursive procedures and functions work - they return to their starting point. Kinda, sorta (but not exactly) like history itself - each period in history is a reaction to the period directly preceding it, and a return to the period before that.

Comment

Working...
                      X